Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 11-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
MrB
Very Slow Learner
MrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
Cover duplication in kindle

I know this has been answered before and I've spent half an hour searching for the thread without success, so I'm sorry to bother you but...

When viewed in the kindle previewer, the first two 'pages' of our book are 1) the cover (as expected) and 2) another version of the cover

I created the book using Sigil and put it through the previewer to make it kindlegible.

Please will you tell me what to do with the second cover.

Thanks yet again.
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:13 AM   #2
Aerys
Connoisseur
Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.

Device: iPad 2 & Nexus 7
Did you declare the "XHTML" or "HTML" containing the "cover" in the "GUIDE" section of the OPF?

Code:
<guide>
    <reference href="Text/coverpage.xhtml" title="Cover" type="cover" />
  </guide>
AFAIK, the "cover" used by Kindlegen is from the
Code:
<meta content="Cover.jpg" name="cover" />
OPF so if the XHTML containing the "cover" image is not declared in the "GUIDE" area Kindle will treat it as a normal page.
Aerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
MrB
Very Slow Learner
MrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
Thanks for the reply, Aerys.

The problem has gone away
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote