Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 07-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
magazine problems, no bookmark, etc

I signed up for my first magazine (after years of using Kindles), "Scientific News."

I am very pleased with the formatting, the good graphics and the color pictures.

However, I am surprised and disappointed that:

1. When I turn off the Fire, or go to a book to read, when I come back it does not show the page I had been reading. which all books do. I have to go to the Table of Contents and click on the article I was reading to get back.

2. It does not have a bookmark when I click in the upper right corner, which would solve the problem.

As all books from the Kindle 1 (which I still have and use) do not have this problem, I am wondering if it is just this one magazine, or is it the case with all magazines.

Or, am I missing something?
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Just FYI:

I finally found time to email Amazon about this. They sent a politte reply that indeed, this was the case with magazines. No return to same page when leaving, nor any bookmarks available.

They apologized and said they were sending my email to the development team. For whatever good that will do.

However, knowing Amazon, they may well fix this bug.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #3
efciv
efciv began at the beginning.

Device: K3
My trial subscription to Popular Photography from Amazon returns to the last page read. And a magazine from Zinio also returns to the last page.
efciv is offline   Reply With Quote