Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 06-12-2013, 03:04 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Various questions

I'm sorry for the ambiguous title, but I can't for the life of me think of a better one.

In the fullness of time I plan on doing an ebook of The Letters of Abelard and Heloise. There are several translations from the original Latin, and the one I expect to use is the one by John Hughes - available from Project Gutenberg. There shouldn't be any problem with copyright, since it's already in Project Gutenberg, the protagonists have been dead for centuries, and the translator has been dead for nearly four hundred years.

But who should I put as the author? And more importantly, how can I search the MR library to find out if it's already been done? Is there a way of searching the library by book title?
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:14 AM   #2
Jen_Smith
Nameless Being

On Amazon, the author is Peter Abelard, but the author and translator are also listed as 'authors'. To that list of people, you could add 'editor' - presumably, that would be you.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:43 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen_Smith View Post
On Amazon, the author is Peter Abelard, but the author and translator are also listed as 'authors'. To that list of people, you could add 'editor' - presumably, that would be you.
Thanks, Jen

I think I'll put Peter Abelard as the author in the content.opf file, John Hughes as contributor: trl, and me as contributor:mrk.

I checked MR library and there are no ebooks authored by Peter Abelard.

I'd still like to know if there's a way to check the library by book title.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:16 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I think I'll put Peter Abelard as the author in the content.opf file, John Hughes as contributor: trl, and me as contributor:mrk.
I'd put the translator as creator, not contributor. I usually put myself as bkp rather than mrk, but I'm not sure what's best.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote