Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-05-2011, 05:06 AM   #1
bert.grolleman
bert.grolleman began at the beginning.

Device: IQ
Android update on Pocketbook IQ

Hi,

Does any one know if the Pocketbook IQ Android version Eclair can be updated to Android 2.3 or 3.0?
bert.grolleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:14 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the PocketBook forum. You're much more likely to get help if you post in the correct place!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:58 AM   #3
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hi, AFAIK they are working on an upgrade for 2.1, but no further, because everything above 2.2 rquires hardware specs the IQ unfortunately lacks
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
because everything above 2.2 rquires hardware specs the IQ unfortunately lacks
Mmm ???
What part exactly.
As far as I know, the hardware requirements change between 2.1 and 2.2 are close to zero.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
there is no upgrade to 2.1 coming until MAYBE the fall. looks like we need to turn to an android developer or xda for some help on this front.

lots of people would prefer 2.1 at least and I personally would like it as well-i just found out there is an android app for comcast xfinity cable tv that will let me look at the guide, watch previews, set the dvr and even change channels.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
there is no upgrade to 2.1 coming until MAYBE the fall. looks like we need to turn to an android developer or xda for some help on this front.

lots of people would prefer 2.1 at least and I personally would like it as well-i just found out there is an android app for comcast xfinity cable tv that will let me look at the guide, watch previews, set the dvr and even change channels.
Have you tried faking it with the non-ugly market install?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128178
I used it to install Aldiko 2.x.
Flash, install, restore.

Last edited by fjtorres; 06-05-2011 at 02:43 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #7
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oh i thought that wouldnt work to help insall the app. im getting a parse error. ill give it a shot. thanks
Old 06-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #8
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Try updating from scratch and add a2sd , but that only works if done first after fleshing FW.
Thereafter add Launcher Pro, install a new boot logo and you'll find you have a complete new device
If you run a FW older than 2.0.5, this fake Android Version patch does the same trick than the "non Ugly Market Install", but in the newer FWs I found the integrated Titanium Backup causes some unstability
In this combination you'll get even "Angry Birds Rio" running on your IQ, although it's a little bit slow
Installing Aldiko 2.0 will make it possible to read DRM books on your IQ, even if PB seems to be unable to get it working

Just read your post again, have you set the date to yesterday after getting the parsing error? Here is the how to install the patch, just in case...
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #9
Dulin's Books
Wizard

ive done the non-ugly. even have angry birds rio working . but my xfinity tv app doesnt work

i cant find it directly in the market. but if I navigate to it from this page using the iq

http://xfinity.comcast.net/learn/int...obile-android/

i get to the market page

https://market.android.com/details?i...e=related_apps

where it wont let me download it.

i found the apk elsewhere and was able to sideload and install it BUT it wont open the IQ acts like its about to run the app but then it just blinks and Im back in the app drawer .
Old 06-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Ouch.
Sounds like the app *really* needs 2.1 to run, unlike other apps that just blindly refuse to install even though they don't use the extra code/apis/whatever.
Sorry.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #11
Dulin's Books
Wizard

well. i found the apk somewhere else again and tried this version. now it installed and started to run but i got an error box saying "this device doesnt have the amount of memory required to run this application".

so now what?

hmm i should probably be asking this in the other thread . sorry for the hijack. i posted https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...44#post1571044

on topic. id really like to see a 2.2 rom we can install

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 06-06-2011 at 03:26 PM.