Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #61
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Uh oh. I may need to eat my earlier words. See the following thread for information about Micropay rebates expiring:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...63#post1133563

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #62
DanT
Connoisseur
DanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo
It been a long time since I log in into fictionwise but I just did today for the 50% coupon and I just notice my micropays has been wipeout.

If I look at my last transaction email receipt I still had some micropay but now it's at zero. I should have spend it while I could but I was lazy.

EDIT: I just notice Graham post. My last transaciton is two month old. so maybe the 6 month apply to the last time you earn micropay. Does anybody still has any micropay or they decide to wipe out everyone micropays.
DanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2010, 06:20 PM   #63
lord_blackfang
Enthusiast
lord_blackfang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-600
Wow, sure is schadenfreude in here.
lord_blackfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:59 PM   #64
PlainBobMax
PlainBobMax began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
***UPDATE***

This update also appears in my original post:

Just to set the record straight on a couple of things. First I did not purchase these items 9 months ago as a lot of people seem to think (not sure how they would know when I purchased something)

Second, the Fictionwise site DOES SAY that the bookshelf is there to "store" the users books and from there they may be downloaded "as needed," which is what I attempted to do. Granted the terms of service do say something different. Lesson here: Don't necessarily go by the Help pages, go by the Terms of Service.

Third, my frustration was not necessarily the fact that after reporting the error both of the books in question were wiped out as well as my micropay balance, but the fact that it was done almost immediately after reporting the error and with NO explanation. I even wrote back asking why this was done with no explanation. I was not as nice in the second email as I was in the first.

WITH THAT SAID: It is now time for me to eat some crow:

I eventually received an email from support which said that they would refund my purchases on the books that disappeared. Where I need to eat crow (though not completely my fault) is that a couple of days later, I found in my SPAM folder an email they had written after my very first email saying that they were sorry the books could not be downloaded and that they were going to refund the purchases.

So, they did offer explanation as to why the books and the micropay disappeared, but I never saw it. I feel like the aunt in Sleeping Beauty who realizes her invitation had been lost under the carpet only after she cast her evil spell.

I've already written an apology to the support team at Fictionwise for my misunderstanding.

Last edited by PlainBobMax; 09-27-2010 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Fix Typo
PlainBobMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #65
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainBobMax View Post

I eventually received an email from support which said that they would refund my purchases on the books that disappeared. Where I need to eat crow (though not completely my fault) is that a couple of days later, I found in my SPAM folder an email they had written after my very first email saying that they were sorry the books could not be downloaded and that they were going to refund the purchases.
I'm glad it worked out for you!

I bought a LOT of books from Fictionwise before things got so out of hand with the agency pricing, and I still have a fondness for them even though I rarely buy books there anymore.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 06:12 AM   #66
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainBobMax View Post
Just to set the record straight on a couple of things. First I did not purchase these items 9 months ago as a lot of people seem to think (not sure how they would know when I purchased something)
The 6 to 9 months was inferred from the date that the books in question became available on Fictionwise (24th Dec 2009) and the fact that access to them would have disappeared on April 1st when the Agency pricing came in - which is what we thought was affecting your ability to download the titles.

I'm glad it got sorted out for you.

Graham
Old 09-28-2010, 06:14 AM   #67
Graham
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT View Post
It been a long time since I log in into fictionwise but I just did today for the 50% coupon and I just notice my micropays has been wipeout.

If I look at my last transaction email receipt I still had some micropay but now it's at zero. I should have spend it while I could but I was lazy.

EDIT: I just notice Graham post. My last transaciton is two month old. so maybe the 6 month apply to the last time you earn micropay. Does anybody still has any micropay or they decide to wipe out everyone micropays.
On the other thread relating to this, users are reporting that Fictionwise are restoring the micropay balance to customers that send them an email of complaint.

The FAQ clearly indicates that making any micropay or credit card transaction ought to protect your balance, so anyone losing micropay simply because it's six months since they earned a rebate should definitely complain.

Graham
Old 09-28-2010, 06:17 AM   #68
Graham
Wizard

It's painful watching what's happening to Fictionwise. I was annoyed when they stopped selling magazine subscriptions a few months ago. But it's even more annoying that they didn't even have the resources to update the system properly.

I just logged in to Fictionwise and was greeted with a message telling me that I only had two issues of F&SF left to run and should "RENEW NOW!". I clicked the button and it took me to an empty checkout basket. I guess I'm going to get that message for most the next year, every time I log in, while my subs run out.

Graham
Old 09-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #69
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Agreed. It was such an amazing store once .

Though I did get some great customer service from them just now. Bought the Hitchhiker's Guide omnibus, couldn't download it and emailed customer service using their online form. A reply and a working link in 2 minutes (!). Zounds
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #70
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
They are keeping their FAQs to date ....

Fictionwise Moneysaving Tips
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:37 PM   #71
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
They are keeping their FAQs to date ....

Fictionwise Moneysaving Tips
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:15 AM   #72
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
and I have yet to receive a response from them about it ....

A representative will be contacting you as soon as possible
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote