Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #1
hish747
hish747 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Author List on 505?

I just got a PRS-505 and was just wondering if there is any way to view a list of Authors on the reader and then 'drill down' to books by that author. I really don't like the way viewing books by author just orders titles by author.

Also, can authors be listed alphabetically by last name rather than first name? I am using mainly libprs500 on mac and occasionally the Sony windows software for downloading the connect store books.

Other than these two issues I really love the reader and even found myself instinctively wanting to turn the unit over to 'turn' the page!
Thanks!
Hish
hish747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, hish747!

I'm working from memory here, because I had to send the eval 505 they lent me back to them, but I think when you go into the authors listing on the 505 it goes to the second page of the listing, if you hit the "back/previous page" button it should take you to a grouped alphabetical listing on page 1 (i.e. A through D, E through G, or whatever). That will let you drill down some, though I'm not sure how close that is to what you're wanting.

If I'm misremembering, I'm sure one of our 505 owning brethren will happen by and correct me.

The authors are sorted by the way the names are entered in the book-file's meta data (this is the same for the 500 and the 505), if the name is entered as FirstName LastName it'll sort by FirstName, so obviously for it to sort by LastName, the meta data entry would need to be LastName, FirstName.

For non-encrypted ebooks, that's easily enough edited with a number of tools. For Sony Store books ... not so much. I don't think libprs500 will even adjust those, but I haven't tried it, so ....

I'm glad you've found a device that works well for what you need to do. That's the important bit, after all.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2007, 05:11 PM   #3
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by hish747 View Post
Other than these two issues I really love the reader and even found myself instinctively wanting to turn the unit over to 'turn' the page!
Thanks!
Hish
Heh, last weekend I found myself brushing my finger across the corner trying to turn the page. Whoops!
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote