Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 07:08 AM   #1
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Free (Kindle) The Last Testament: A Memoir

Free pre-order from Simon & Schuster:

The Last Testament: A Memoir by God (Author), David Javerbaum (Contributor)

Quote:
Product Description:

In this ultimate celebrity autobiography, bestselling author God will “telleth-all” for the first time, going behind-the-chapters of the Old Testament, offering frank and hilarious insights about fatherhood and bringing the gospels into modernity with a New New Testament.
From the creation of the universe to jeggings, the Lord Almighty has been a pivotal player in nearly all the major decisions of the past twenty epochs. Now, for the first time since He wrote whichever holy book you happen to believe in, God offers startling “dish” about all aspects of the universe and creatures therein, starting with Adam and Steve (you read right) and ending with Snooki. He will also address hot-button topics like prayer in school and evolution; put to rest long-standing disputes concerning which athletes and teams He actually supports; and offer His “inside picks” for the next ninety-three Super Bowls. OMG is sure to appeal to a broad base of readers, from the most ardent apocalyptist to the most blasphemous Darwinian.

God on The 10 Commandments:

Ah, the Ten Commandments.

I hate the Ten Commandments in exactly the same way as Don McLean hates “American Pie.”

For when I wrote those words, they meant something very personal to Me; they expressed My worldview; I put My heart and soul into them; and I issued them forth as any writer does, hoping they would find their audience.

Never did I suspect how popular the work would prove; never did I imagine it would remain My best-known selection; the one people still cite, and debate, and quote from start to finish, all these years later.

I suppose I should be glad for it; glad that humanity has taken it to heart, and extracted so much meaning from it, and embraced its simple AAAAAAAAAA structure.

But I have grown weary of it defining Me; of being regarded as a one-list wonder; of remaining locked forever in the public consciousness, as “that deity who wrote ‘The Ten Commandments.’”On sale: November 8, 2011
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadata View Post
Free pre-order from Simon & Schuster:

The Last Testament: A Memoir by God (Author), David Javerbaum (Contributor)
From the way the description is written (and the incorrect title of OMG shown for the ebook), I'd say that there is a high chance that this is just a teaser version of the full book, which releases the next month
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Something certainly is odd. I get a date of Oct. 11th as the release date, not Nov. 8th. I guess time will tell.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
The original book now has a $10.99 price tag.

This is now the free one (and it is a teaser book): OMG, by David Javerbaum and God
koland is offline   Reply With Quote