Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 05-01-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
slew
slew began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
Calibre and Nook Tablet: Comics are broken

Hello,

I've been using Calibre to add comics to my Nook tablet without any issues for almost a year. Recently, after a Windows 7 crash I installed Linux Mint on my computer, and followed the instructions to install the Linux version of Calibre. Everything seemed to work fine, until I wanted to read the comics on the Nook. They now look like this:

http://tinypic.com/r/zwymtv/8

It looks like its super zoomed-in, but it's not. I can't un-zoom the comic. Figuring it was an odd issue with the Linux version, or with Linux itself I found some tips that said to unarchive the .cbr/.cbz file, re-archive it, and send it through Calibre again back to the Nook. I tried this step several times but always got the same result. Doing some searches found that some settings could be changed in Calibre but changing those settings didn't help at all.

Giving up I brought the Nook to work and plugged it into my work computer which runs Windows 7. I then downloaded and installed the latest version of Calibre x64 and was thinking this would fix the problem, however, the Nook still displays the comics in this fashion.

So, I assumed there was perhaps some cache or otherwise the Nook is saving this odd data. I cleaned out all the comics I have, save 20 or so comics that were already on the Nook [and are still displaying normally] before using Linux. I got some comics that I knew worked on the Nook before the switch to Linux but they were [are] still broken.

Is there anyone that has had this issue before, and can provide steps to get me caught up on my books? I really appreciate it!

Last edited by slew; 05-01-2014 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Not sure why the image link isn't working. Trying to fix..
slew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:56 PM   #2
slew
slew began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet

I've looked all over the internet for a solution to this particular problem. Hard to believe that I'm the only one that's ever had this problem.

I suppose I'll do a factory reset on the Nook, as it seems like it's my only option now.

Thanks.
slew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert