Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Stuart Palmer (The Penguin Pool Murder)

Amazon has a few of Palmer's Hildegarde Withers mystery novels in the Kindle store. I haven't read them but I loved the old series of movies with Edna May Oliver and James Gleason starting with The Penguin Pool Murder. Has anyone read the novels?

http://www.amazon.com/Stuart-Palmer/...rnid=618072011

Last edited by BenG; 09-27-2013 at 11:25 PM.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:37 PM   #2
xstitchfan
Connoisseur
xstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to all

Device: nook touch, nextbook 10" tablet pc windows 8.1
Ben, I love those movies, too. And, I love Edna May Oliver in any movie! I so enjoy the 1930-40's mystery serial films. When I realized Stuart Palmer wrote the Hildegarde books, including some not made into movies, I put them on my wishlist. I haven't had the joy of reading them yet. Please let me know if you find any similar mystery books. Happy Reading! Joan in NJ
xstitchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2014, 09:29 AM   #3
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
There is an entire collection of short stories written by Palmer and Craig Rice in collaboration, in which Hildegarde Withers is involved in various adventures with Rice's dodgy lawyer J J Malone. "The People vs Withers and Malone" is the title of the collection. I've only read one of the stories, in an old EQMM, but it was fun.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote