Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
clydep
clydep began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Enhancement Request: iTunes Release Date

GRiker, I'm not sure if this is the way to submit an enhancement request but here goes.

I'd like to be able to use the original release date of the book to correspond to the Release Date field in iTunes. As you mentioned, currently none of the date fields in Calibre coordinate with this date. The Release Date being used by iTunes seems to be fairly accurate, although I do have problems with books that were of the same two digit year in previous centuries. I'm not sure if that is something that can be corrected internally via iTunes, I'm looking into that as well.

Thanks!
clydep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just took a look at the iTunes Release Date field.

It appears that when a book is added to iTunes, the Release Date is derived from the <dc:date> element in the .OPF file. The fact that iTunes displays the year as a two-digit number is internal to iTunes, and not something controlled by the contents of the <dc:date> element.

Any book you send to iTunes/iBooks from calibre should have the publication date as shown in calibre shown in the iTunes 'Release Date' field.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 07:48 AM   #3
clydep
clydep began at the beginning.

GRiker, that was the first thing I checked before I posted and it doesn't translate. For example, I'm looking at The Tale of Peter Rabbit right now and it has a "Published Date" in Calibre of August 1991. The Release Date in iTunes is "2/6/38"
clydep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It works for me.

How are you transferring the ePub from calibre to iTunes?

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote