Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-10-2011, 06:46 AM   #1
jtpryan
jtpryan began at the beginning.

Device: color nook
Where is the AdHoc fix?

Where can I find the fix for connecting to AdHoc networks? I just rooted my 1.1 CN, but it doesn't connect to Barnacle on my Droid.

-Jim
jtpryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:00 AM   #2
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Have you tried Wireless Tether for Root Users? It may give you the solution you're looking for. On my Droid X, it operates in Infrastructure Mode. If not, I'd suggest searching the xda-developers' Droid forums for the ad-hoc fix.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
NOOKcolor Enable Adhoc Networking

http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Enable_Adhoc_Networking
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
jtpryan

You know, I tried that app, but it only supports ad-hoc on my Droid. How did you get it in infrastructure mode? Their FAQ says ad-hoc only.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
The latest version of WT (2.0.6) supports it, at least for the Droid X/Droid 2. If it's been a while since you tried it, you might give it another shot. I believe the FAQ is outdated.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #6
mxrodriguez
Enthusiast
mxrodriguez is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook, NookColor
Unfortunately infrastucture mode works with Droid x/2 only. Im still using the original Droid 1 and wireless tether only works in ad-hoc mode.

Still a great app though!!
mxrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #7
jtpryan

Can you point me to where the setting is? I just installed the latest version and I don't see it.

Thanks,
Jim