Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
woodmansnow
woodmansnow began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Cool read what books about

I having trouble finding the intro or what the book is about in calibre and if its not with book were is the button to go to web to find??
woodmansnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodmansnow View Post
I having trouble finding the intro or what the book is about in calibre and if its not with book were is the button to go to web to find??
Hi and welcome, woodmansnow.

A book's description is part of the metadata. If it isn't already included with the ebook, you need to have calibre download it for you.

From the calibre library view:
  1. Right-click on the book(s)
  2. Point to "Edit Metadata"
    From there, you can choose to download the basic metadata, which includes descriptions, and/or other things, like covers, etc.
  3. To be most selective about the description you want to use for a single book, select "Edit metadata individually."
  4. Then click on the "Fetch Metadata from Server" button on the lower left.
  5. Give it a bit to go fetch the book's description from whatever sources
  6. Select the description you want from the list, and hit "OK."

If you choose to do this for more than one book at a time, then in Step 3, just select "Download only metadata." It will keep the first description from the list. Usually, I find that to be the best one, anyway.

If you have trouble getting descriptions to download, or if you want to add other metadata sources, let us know. There are a couple of settings you can tweak to do that.

Last edited by Piper_; 03-19-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert