Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Obama on Mythbusters.

I love it!

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...er=rss&emc=rss

In an episode of “Mythbusters” on the Discovery Channel to be shown on Dec. 8, President Obama will help determine whether the Greek scientist Archimedes really set fire to an invading Roman fleet using only mirrors and the reflected rays of the sun......

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
What?! I thought they did this experiment a long time ago with only minor success.

(EDIT: Damn, I see when I read the article they do answer that - curse the whole "read the article" requirements in life )
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Is this Obama's SDI?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:45 AM   #4
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Is this Obama's SDI?
Could be.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:19 AM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I wish Obama would go on television to prove the myth that a residential home can be made energy-efficient...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #6
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
I would like to see them deal with Obama's myths (his campaign promises).
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #7
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
I wish Obama would go on television to prove the myth that a residential home can be made energy-efficient...

You can.... helps if you have a lot of aerogel insulation

Paul.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Reminds me of an opening skit on SNL - where the actor portraying Obama listed the major promises made during his campaign - and after each one said "Nope, not done either!"
That is Mythbusting!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:11 PM   #9
kennyc

Health care reform passed. Don't ask don't tell reform in the works. Rescued economy....
Iraq withdrawal, Afghanistan exit strategy..

No, it's not all rosy (odonnel?) but my personal feeling is we are in an infinitely better position than we were with Bush and Rumsfeld and Cheney ....

Better reputation/relations to much of the rest of the world....
Old 10-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #10
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Health care reform passed. Don't ask don't tell reform in the works. Rescued economy....
Iraq withdrawal, Afghanistan exit strategy..

No, it's not all rosy (odonnel?) but my personal feeling is we are in an infinitely better position than we were with Bush and Rumsfeld and Cheney ....

Better reputation/relations to much of the rest of the world....

Lessee...the so called Health Care Reformed he rammed down our throats is already costing me more per year after spending a lifetime working my body to ruin to ensure I could retire with affordable healthcare. It will get worse when I go on Medicare since he raided it for funds to help support his mother of all boondoggles.

Don't Ask, Don't Tell reform in the works? The spineless, lying piece of work not only hasn't done anything towards this, now that the Judiciary has stepped in and acted, his Justice Department is appealing it.

Rescued economy? Puh-lease! Try telling that to my friends who are still out of work or have had their hours cut because the economy is still sick. I wouldn't give two cents for your life if you were foolish enough to do so.

We knew what we were getting with Bush and company. Bush was an idiot. Obama lied like a dog. The only reason I do not regret voting for him is it helped to keep McCain out.

Last edited by Lady Fitzgerald; 10-18-2010 at 05:41 PM. Reason: correct spelling typo
Old 10-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #11
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post

Lessee...the so called Health Care Reformed he rammed down our throats is already costing me more per year after spending a lifetime working my boddy to ruin to ensure I could retire with affordable healthcare. It will get worse when I go on Medicare since he raided it for funds to help support his mother of all boondoggles.

Don't Ask, Don't Tell reform in the works? The spineless, lying piece of work not only hasn't done anything towards this, now that the Judiciary has stepped in and acted, his Justice Department is appealing it.

Rescued economy? Puh-lease! Try telling that to my friends who are still out of work or have had their hours cut because the economy is still sick. I wouldn't give two cents for your life if you were foolish enough to do so.

We knew what we were getting with Bush and company. Bush was an idiot. Obama lied like a dog. The only reason I do not regret voting for him is it helped to keep McCain out.
Well you know what they say about opinions. And you're certainly welcome to have one.

We clearly have very different opinions on what needs to be done in this country.

That's okay, that's what it's about.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
THIS is your president, KC.,

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obam...nking-clearly/

Part of the reason that our politics seems so tough right now and facts and science and argument does not seem to be winning the day all the time is because we‘re hardwired not to always think clearly when we’re scared,” Obama said Saturday evening in remarks at a small Democratic fundraiser Saturday evening. “And the country’s scared.”

Now we're scared, stupid AND clinging to our guns and religion.

No, Obama, we're not scared.

We're frickin' PISSED!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #13
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
THIS is your president, KC.,

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obam...nking-clearly/

Part of the reason that our politics seems so tough right now and facts and science and argument does not seem to be winning the day all the time is because we‘re hardwired not to always think clearly when we’re scared,” Obama said Saturday evening in remarks at a small Democratic fundraiser Saturday evening. “And the country’s scared.”

Now we're scared, stupid AND clinging to our guns and religion.

No, Obama, we're not scared.

We're frickin' PISSED!
Well certainly some are, many others are very pleased with where we are. I'm one of them.

I'm tired of people expecting a free ride and government to take care of everything. It's time to get things under control, under control of the people, not the corporations.

Oh and he's right, btw.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #14
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
The problem with Obama's campaign promises is that people believed them. You should never do that with a politician, no matter what the party. Even for the percentage of promises they actually meant to keep (however small) they will never know how difficult they might be to keep until they are actually in office and know the "lay of the land" (cue Clinton joke.)

Myself, (and I'm sure a few list members are going to love this) I wanted Hillary for president because I wanted Bill back in the office (even if just as "First Lady.")
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #15
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard

If I was expecting a free ride and expecting government to take care of everything, would I be upset with Obamacare? Speaking of control being under corporations, who do you think benefited most under Obama's stimulus plans? And guess who gets to pay for it. As far as withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan goes, that has yet to happen. We still have pretty much the same number of troops in both countries combined; all he has done is pull some from Iraq and sent them to Afghanistan. He promised to get them out. If you really think things are better, you have your head in the sand. He is Supreme Commander of the U.S. Armed Forces yet he has generals under him telling him what to do. Can we say tail wagging the dog? Bush abused his power; Obama is the other extreme in that he hasn't the backbone to use it. People are going back to Republicans because they are scared; it's because, as desertgrandma pointed out, they are pissed! As am I.

For the past 10 years, I have voted FOR only one politician (Obama and he turned out to be a lying disappointment); the rest of the time I voted for the lesser of two evils to keep the greater evil out of office. Most of the time it hasn't worked. My reward is having my telephone number abused by politicians and survey takers. I don't know why I bother anymore. 2012 just may be the end of the world since possible choices include Mit Romney, Sarah Palin, and Joe Arpaio (Obama won't have a prayer).