Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
sahmad88
Zealot
sahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color
Deals at M-Edge - discounts

Right now, M-Edge is running two specials.

One is buy one jacket and get 25% off the second one. The code is MEDGENOV and runs until Nov 30.

The other deal is get 10% off a purchase. I don't know when this one ends. The code is SHOPMEDGE.

Also, I received an email from customer service yesterday that said "We are also getting ready to release our e-Luminator2 booklight for the Sony Readers and expect to have it available within the next week or so."

I have ordered the Latitude Jacket for the 600 and should get it on Wednesday. I have been interested in this one since I saw it for the Kindle, so I am very excited about it.
sahmad88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #2
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Oooh I wish I'd known about this before I placed my order for the 300 Executive Jacket 2 days ago

I only got their email with the MEDGENOV code, but not the one with the 10% off coupon code
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Thanks for the tip, I've been checking their website every day for a while now hoping it would be available soon. As soon as the light is available I'll be ordering one and the green executive jacket.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
sahmad88
Zealot
sahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
I only got their email with the MEDGENOV code, but not the one with the 10% off coupon code
I know, I wish I had known, too. I ordered my latitude jacket before I got the MEDGENOV code, and was on the fence about the GO jacket. I emailed about using it, and they said they would honor the 25% discount if I wanted to order it. I decided against it. But it might be worth an email to them to find out if they would honor the SHOPMEDGE code.

The only reason I found out about SHOPMEDGE, was because I emailed them about ordering a Journey Bag for the 25% discount. The 25% off code wouldn't apply to the Journey Bag, but she said I could use the SHOPMEDGE code.
sahmad88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:16 PM   #5
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
do you think the lights will fit the 505 covers?
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2009, 12:33 AM   #6
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisblossom View Post
do you think the lights will fit the 505 covers?
If it's the 'new' cover and not the 'old' cover, it should have some sort of pocket to accomodate the light. The 505 and the 600 are the same size, so the light should fit both readers.

But, of course, you can always call M-edge for more info.
khalleron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #7
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
This is great.Maybe if I decide what readers I get as gifts I can also get them cases too Thanks for posting/sharing !!!
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #8
susytp
susytp began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Thank you for the information!!!!!
susytp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:14 AM   #9
karinc
Enthusiast
karinc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Just ordered 2 jackets and I wanted to let the group know that:

Monday November 30 ONLY - that's today!! - there is free shipping to the US; and you can't use BOTH the 10% off and the 25% off 2nd item (I tried - it just recalculated the total). the 25% off is a marginally better deal, but by pennies. Happy shopping!
karinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:53 AM   #10
owlrigh
Bibliomanist
owlrigh began at the beginning.

Device: [past:PRS-700, PRS-505, PRS-T2] Now: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung G7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
As soon as the light is available I'll be ordering one and the green executive jacket.
I bought the green executive for my 505, and seeing as there wasn't a light available for it as yet I went ahead and bought a green Travelflex to go with it. The colours are so similar a match the mind boggles! Pictures:

Click image for larger version

Name:	medge.travelflex.01.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	40429 Click image for larger version

Name:	medge.travelflex.02.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	275.4 KB
ID:	40430 Click image for larger version

Name:	medge.travelflex.03.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	40431 Click image for larger version

Name:	medge.travelflex.04.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	40432
owlrigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:28 AM   #11
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by karinc View Post
Just ordered 2 jackets and I wanted to let the group know that:

Monday November 30 ONLY - that's today!! - there is free shipping to the US; and you can't use BOTH the 10% off and the 25% off 2nd item (I tried - it just recalculated the total). the 25% off is a marginally better deal, but by pennies. Happy shopping!
I never seem to have any luck with M-Edge sales. I just placed my order yesterday for the e-Luminator2 and paid $5 for shipping
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:32 AM   #12
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by owlrigh View Post
I bought the green executive for my 505, and seeing as there wasn't a light available for it as yet I went ahead and bought a green Travelflex to go with it. The colours are so similar a match the mind boggles! Pictures:

Attachment 40429 Attachment 40430 Attachment 40431 Attachment 40432
I like the colour!
I finally found a Dutch webstore which has a decent selection of Mighty Bright lights. Unfortunately they only have them in 4 colours (black, silver, blue and red or pink).

Hopefully they'll send my order out today, with a bit of luck it'll arrive before the weekend.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:02 AM   #13
owlrigh
Bibliomanist
owlrigh began at the beginning.

Device: [past:PRS-700, PRS-505, PRS-T2] Now: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung G7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I like the colour!
I finally found a Dutch webstore which has a decent selection of Mighty Bright lights. Unfortunately they only have them in 4 colours (black, silver, blue and red or pink).

Hopefully they'll send my order out today, with a bit of luck it'll arrive before the weekend.
Good luck with that! It took me ages to find someone who would ship to Australia and wouldn't charge the earth. I ended up buying mine from Mardel, a Christian supplies store, which came up on Google Shopping.
owlrigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:51 AM   #14
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Thanks Karinc.

I've got my old 505 M-edge cover that I use for my 600. I picked up the Sony cover last week on sale, but I really love the platform covers from M-edge. I didn't need it, but given the patriotic desire to help stimulate the economy I went ahead and picked up the platform and M-edge light. Lot's of Karma to you!
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:42 AM   #15
karinc
Enthusiast
karinc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
Thanks Karinc.

I've got my old 505 M-edge cover that I use for my 600. I picked up the Sony cover last week on sale, but I really love the platform covers from M-edge. I didn't need it, but given the patriotic desire to help stimulate the economy I went ahead and picked up the platform and M-edge light. Lot's of Karma to you!
Ha ha, yeah, I've been stimulating the economy a lot. Glad someone saw the post and found it useful. I bought two exec. covers 'cause I couldn't decide on the color (a cream with saddle and a dark brown). I thought about the light, and about the platform, but I lucked out and got a mighty bright with the wall wart for $10 Can. at a bookstore here last week - it was just by itself with no tag in a beat up box and they couldn't find a price for it, so the clerk was like, "how is $9.99?" Wowza. The M-edge covers I shipped to a friend who will forward them to me (since I live in Canada, eh). It kills me that retailers won't ship to Canada, even though in most cases the postage is very nearly exactly the same. (Amazon won't ship M-edge covers to Canada because they are "electronic equipment". Really.)

Karin
karinc is offline   Reply With Quote