Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-04-2024, 04:11 PM   #1
gabs
gabs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Kobo not updating its firmware beyond the version 4.26

Hello my dudes. I hope all is well.

I had to change the device's internal micro SD and replaced it with a Kingston 8GB. So I uploaded an image of firmware version 2.4 kindly provided by a forum user. So far so good. The problem happened when I tried to update the firmware. I tested all the newer ones manually and the only one that the device accepted was version 4.26 (the others bricked the device needing to do a hard reset). Does anyone have an idea what could be happening? Thanks.
gabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 12:49 PM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Explain "bricked".
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 03:08 PM   #3
gabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Explain "bricked".
sorry, english isn’t my native language. bricked as a vertical line with three ‘C-’ symbols. something like this
Old 04-05-2024, 05:06 PM   #4
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Until someone more knowledgeable comes along...

That looks like a 90degree rotation telling you not to cycle power while it is doing something (repeated vertically). Are you sure you have the right firmware for your model?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 05:59 PM   #5
gabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Until someone more knowledgeable comes along...

That looks like a 90degree rotation telling you not to cycle power while it is doing something (repeated vertically). Are you sure you have the right firmware for your model?
I got all firmwares from this website and the 4.26 version is working as intended, but honestly I don’t know if it’s 100%. what site you guys use?!
Old 04-06-2024, 05:50 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabs View Post
I got all firmwares from this website and the 4.26 version is working as intended, but honestly I don’t know if it’s 100%. what site you guys use?!
That's the correct site and it gets FW from Kobo server(s).

I've seen that image and sometimes a frightening long upgrade, but it came OK. Make sure well charged and cable USB disconnected.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 07:43 AM   #7
gabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
That's the correct site and it gets FW from Kobo server(s).

I've seen that image and sometimes a frightening long upgrade, but it came OK. Make sure well charged and cable USB disconnected.
Interesting! I gave up after an hour. I will try to leave it overnight and I’ll share the results tomorrow!
Old 04-06-2024, 09:18 AM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabs View Post
Interesting! I gave up after an hour. I will try to leave it overnight and I’ll share the results tomorrow!
An hour sounds broken. Less than 5 minutes. Try a fresh download as the Kobo servers were poor for a while.

I think I had a new version than that on the Kobo Aura H2O original.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 10:00 AM   #9
gabs

Quick update: So I tried to leave it updating overnight and it didn’t work :/
Old 04-07-2024, 10:25 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Please check your PMs.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura, firmware, upgrade