Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-10-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
nathanb
Connoisseur
nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS 600
battery problem?

Hello,

I just recently got the wall charger for my PRS-600. Prior to this I was only using the usb charger... which was horrible.

However, after about 3 weeks of use, the wall charger is not doing so good either. This past 1 week, no matter how long I leave the charger plugged in, the reader will not go above 1 bar. And after a very short time of reading it goes to 0 bars and will give me the low battery warning. I have no idea what is going on.

Any suggestions? Should I just try to get it replaced?

Thanks,
nathanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
It could be a faulty charger, do you know someone who has a PSP charger you can borrow to see if the PRS600 will charge with that?

Did you get the official charger or did you buy a cheap PSP charger? If you have an non-Sony charger you might want to check the voltage (5V or better 5,2V) and the Amps (the higher the quicker it charges, don't know what's the minimum for the PRS).

Good luck!
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert