Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Figured I'd mention this: W.W. Norton's offering ebooks, with reduced pricing scheme

I was just browsing their website a bit, was redirected to Nortonebooks and I noticed this ad:
Quote:
Same great books, 1/2 the price
Norton ’s ebooks are the same as Norton’s paper books. Page for page, you’ll have all the features of traditional textbooks... plus: Accessibility and portability. Read your ebook anywhere you have a computer. More money in your pocket. ebooks cost much less than paper books—usually 50% less!

They're apparently offering their titles either online (1y licence), or as ADE.
Interesting, no? (well, for those of you who've run across them)

PS. Apologies for playing with fonts so much, I was bored

Last edited by zerospinboson; 08-04-2009 at 09:26 AM. Reason: ps
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Doesn't look too bad if you need the textbooks. And it looks like the ADE versions are PDFs--the format comparison page says the downloadable version "replicates book pages exactly" as a feature. Of course, for material like a textbook, it really needs to replicate the original formatting. Still, nice to see Norton going that route. Now we just need an ADE ereader that has good (read 'excellent') PDF support.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #3
Arapito
Arapito began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
This had me really excited - I've been waiting for the "official" versions of Patrick O'Brian's novels to be released as eBooks ever since I got my Reader.

But no, sadly, this is their College Textbook division only. My attempts to put some revenue their way - or Harper Collins, I don't care - will have to wait for another day; by regular fix of Aubrey and Maturin will, of course, remain unchanged.

Arapito is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook store, ebooks