Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-13-2008, 12:41 AM   #1
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Caliber Created Epubs freezing the reader?

I've converted a book, although I've noticed some books refusing to convert. They tend to be HTML or LIT, I've switched to mobi books for now.

But a more frustrating thing that has popped up(I believe it was in V 4.112)
is that I have created some books, and they work fine up until a particular page turn, then the reader freezes and restarts?

Any suggestions on what causes that?
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:39 AM   #2
Abisha
Connoisseur
Abisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Sorry I can't really help you JGB. This may be slightly evil on my part, I'm going to kinda interject a question of my own here, slightly off topic (sorry, lol). Are .epub files better than LRF for the Sony Reader and Calibre? If so, what is the best method of creating an .epub file? I really havn't seen any options to make the .epub using Calibre during file conversion, only convert to lrf.

Thanks, Abisha.

P.S. Kovid, I can't thank you enough for the hard work you've put into Calibre, it has certainly brought sanity to my venture into digital-reader-land. Thank you very much.
Abisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2008, 04:04 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abisha View Post
I really havn't seen any options to make the .epub using Calibre during file conversion, only convert to lrf.
Hit the configuration button (the one with a hammer on it), and you are given the screen that allows you to select what output format should be produced when you ask for conversion.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:59 PM   #4
Abisha
Connoisseur
Abisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Thanks much itimpi. I can't believe I missed that setting. I've used the preferences quite a few times before. Thank you! With all the output options for LRF, at least for the time being, I'll be using that as my default. Hopefully in time epub matures and I can migrate to an open standard. ^^
Abisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:37 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
some types of markup cause the reader to reset. I doubt it was a change in 112 that's causing it. In any case, attach one these epub files to a ticket and I'll take a look.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2008, 09:57 PM   #6
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
I found a work around, I saved it as a .txt and then converted, worked fine that way.

Sorry I should have saved the bad epub.
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote