Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 12:30 AM   #46
K3w
K3w began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wireless
German V3 for 0.1.6
Attached Files
File Type: zip german-v3 0.1.6.zip (1.2 KB, 323 views)
K3w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #47
epix
epix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
i just installed k3chess on my kindle 3 but when i start it, i cant use "MENU" button, its acting like im using joystick instead, so it cant be killed and played like it should. Is it bug on my side, or dont anyone had same problem?
epix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #48
Tanga
Zealot
Tanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 3
Just thought I'd let you know there seems to be an error in the zipped K3 Chess file of the full qt version. I get the message:
0 CRC failed in 'K3Chess\engines\toga2\performance.bin'. File is broken. And 7zip refused to unzip the whole folder (froze - that last part may be 7zip's fault though).

EDIT: It also happened using WinRAR, and with the non-qt version as well.

Error message from WindRAR was the same, except it said 'File is corrupt.' - hope that helps?

Last edited by Tanga; 01-06-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Tanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:34 AM   #49
Vitel
Enthusiast
Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 3 (broken), Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Fire, Kindle 4 Black
epix
This behavior is most likely caused by incorrect key assignment at first program run. Please delete the 'keys.ini' file and start K3Chess again. A prompt to assign keys will appear. Make sure you press the correct keys, e.g. [Menu] for "Menu", etc.

Tanga
I re-downloaded both archives and they passed tests in 7-zip (9.20). Please check the files with another archiver version or another computer.
Vitel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #50
BernardSamason
BernardSamason began at the beginning.

Device: K3w
I just inslalled K3chess on my K3w, and initially the program asked me to press various keys,
the one key I was not sure about was the refresh key, I pressed the Back key on my Kindle. If this was the wrong key to press, what is the right key, and also how do I fix this?

It looks very nice and is strong, I am an average club player.

Last edited by BernardSamason; 01-27-2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: typo
BernardSamason is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #51
Vitel
Enthusiast
Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

BernardSamason
Thanks for your feedback! To fix this problem you need to delete the 'keys.ini' file and restart K3Chess. The key assignment prompt will appear once again. The recommended key for "Refresh" is Space. By pressing this key you will be able to do a full page refresh during a game.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #52
JaneC
JaneC began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4, Pocketbook Touch Lux
Hello,

Work K3Chess on Kindle 4? non touch
JaneC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:14 AM   #53
Vitel
Enthusiast

JaneC
Unfortunately, I don't know, because I don't own a K4 non-touch. Some people reportedly managed to run CoolReader on K4 NT, but I can't tell if the same procedure can be applied to K3Chess. Currently I am thinking about porting K3Chess to Sony PRS-T1, since my K3 is broken, and my new eReader is a Sony.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:06 AM   #54
kiri87
kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.kiri87 knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 3
I fail at playing chess, but this app is awesome. Thanks a lot.
kiri87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #55
daletsteele
Enthusiast
daletsteele began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7", iPhone 10, iMac, Kindle Paperwhite
Chess program work with the Kindle Touch?

I haven't seen any reference to this app being compatible with the Touch. Can anyone verify whether this is correct or not? If it is, I'd like to give it a try and brush up on my chess playing in between books.

Thanks, Dale
daletsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #56
tigran
Zealot
tigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Aura One,HD,H2O,Touch,Mini,Kindle 3+DXG,Nook Simple Touch
Just wanted to say: THANK YOU very much! Excellent program. Just what I always wanted.

The problem with the Kindle chess kindlet available on Amazon.com is NOT the price (it is very cheap), but rather Amazon's very stupid (imho) decision to restrict applications to USA customers only. So, for all the people in the world (except those in the US), K3Chess is the only way to have chess on a Kindle. And a perfectly adequate one, thank you again!

Last edited by tigran; 03-13-2012 at 05:22 PM.
tigran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:30 AM   #57
t-ror
t-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it is

Device: K4nt
Please, someone has run K3chess in k4nt? (eg kite) Help me, thanks.
t-ror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #58
vitalidon
vitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Voyage 5.12.1, Kindle 4NT
I have just installed K3chess on Kindle 4NT. It seems to work without problems (not too much testing done though). I use it with cr3runner. Here is commands.txt line: /mnt/us/K3Chess;goqt.sh;K3Chess;K3Chess
vitalidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #59
t-ror
t-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it is

Device: K4nt
I have used the same commands.txt but it doesn´t run. It says:

access denied (java.io.FilePermission /mnt/us/K3Chess/ goqt.sh execute)

Any idea? thx.
t-ror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #60
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigran View Post
(...) K3Chess is the only way to have chess on a Kindle. And a perfectly adequate one, thank you again!
pbChess is an excellent chess application too.
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote