Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 02-28-2011, 04:52 AM   #1
Swati Rao
Swati Rao began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ereader P650
What am I doing wrong while uploading books ??

Hi all

Santa very kindly gave me Reader 650 for Christmas and have been thoroughly enjoying it. I am not the types to download few hundred books at one go, so I have been downloading 4 -5 authors at a time ( am a Thriller and classic freak).
After about 20 books, the memory status showed full capacity, so I went ahead and bought 7 GB SD card..........and guess what after downloading around 10 more books.....I am again having trouble. The status show, processing, waiting etc etc.....I have been synchronising....should I stop that and just copy.

I have a dirty feeling that I am doing something so stupid and silly that when I realise it, I am going to 'Duh' to myself.

So please please help me !!!!

S
Swati Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:15 AM   #2
maledyris
maledyris began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, kobo wifi
Hmm, what type of ebooks are these (epub, pdf, etc.), and how big is each ebook? I could understand manga ebooks taking tons of space, but the book types (thrillers and classics) that you mentioned shouldn't take up more than around 2MB each. That would be about 40MB at most for 20 ebooks I think, and you should have about 1.5GB of usable space (~1500MB). Did you maybe add music and pictures too? Because those types of files are more likely to take up a lot of space on your reader...

Last edited by maledyris; 03-01-2011 at 02:18 AM.
maledyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert