Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-09-2011, 03:00 AM   #256
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Hi all,

I was going to download this and give it a try, but when I clicked on the link, I was taken to files download page, and instead of getting the file that included the "pkb-cr3-pb-0.0.6-2.zip", I instead was going to receive something like "YandexBarChrome.msi".

Not sure what this is about, but I get uncomfortable when I click on a link purporting to be one thing, but it turns out to be another.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:46 AM   #257
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Happened to me also untell someone helped out and told me the secret ...

Just uncheck the check box below the down load link.

It appears that, that part is asking if you want to install the russian version of a google bar or something.

If you uncheck that first ... then click the link .. you will down load the file just fine.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:48 AM   #258
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Hi Askyn,

worked like a charm.

Many thanks for your help.

Now I'm off to have a bit of a fiddle with Coolreader...

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:04 AM   #259
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
hi pkbo!

I look into the ini file, i do not see the line you mention here. you also said the default value is 8, but where is declare that value on the ini file?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
Now this is controlled by setting in the cr3.ini file - cr3.pocketbook.buffer.bpp . Possible values for this setting 2,4,8 (4,16,256 shades of gray). By default value 8 is used that corresponds to 'smoothing the soft' and value 2 corresponds to the 'standard smoothing'. So if you would like to restore previous display mode ('standard smoothing') you will need to add into cr3.in file the following line:
Code:
cr3.pocketbook.buffer.bpp=2
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #260
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
Now this is controlled by setting in the cr3.ini file - cr3.pocketbook.buffer.bpp . Possible values for this setting 2,4,8 (4,16,256 shades of gray). By default value 8 is used that corresponds to 'smoothing the soft' and value 2 corresponds to the 'standard smoothing'. So if you would like to restore previous display mode ('standard smoothing') you will need to add into cr3.in file the following line:
Code:
cr3.pocketbook.buffer.bpp=2
many thanks, I will try!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #261
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
hi pkbo!

I look into the ini file, i do not see the line you mention here. you also said the default value is 8, but where is declare that value on the ini file?
The default value (8) defined in the program code. It is used when no value specfied in the .ini file. If you need program to use another value you should edit the .ini file and add (or modiy if present) the setting cr3.pocketbook.buffer.bpp
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #262
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

there is a new version - sadly the last one for a while, as pkbo is giving it up for the moment - thank you so much for all your hard work!

Here are the links:
301, 360
Pro and 360+

the changelog: "To separate (the dictionary, quotes) is used instead of a rectangular frame inversion. Inversion remained when used 4 shades of gray. "
Old 11-23-2011, 04:13 AM   #263
paola
Wizard

a new realease, version 0.0.6-4, which if I understood well will work with the RC3 firmware:

for PB360 and PB301

For the 360+ and the Pro models

Thanks PKBO - more info here
Old 11-23-2011, 06:39 AM   #264
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Antuan at the-ebook.org have built this version. This version is not intended to solve some issues with RC3 it is just interim version including engine update and some minor fixes.
It includes some rudementary stylus support - If you tap on the centre of the screen quick menu should appear. Tap on the left side of the screen should turn to the previous page and right side to the next page. Stylus navigation in the settings menu should work too.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:33 AM   #265
paola
Wizard

pkbo,
many thanks for the clarification - it is quite difficult to follow the discussion on the ebook forum with google translate
Old 12-19-2011, 06:46 AM   #266
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Gave this a try today, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed at the page refresh.
Is it some trade secret that makes the default fbreader fast page refreshes less obtrusive ?
Every time I turn a page there is a sort of outline of the previous page's text for a second or two.
In the default fbreader you don't see this kind of flash unless there was an image on the previous page in which case you see something similar.
Changing the buffer to 2 or 4 didn't seem to affect this.

Any way to get rid of this affect ? it's quite distracting to the eyes.

Edit: After playing with the settings a bit it seems its caused by the anti-aliasing, seems turning it off is the only solution unless your normal font size is smaller than 20.

As an aside its a definite upside to be able to turn it off unlike in fbreader180.

Last edited by J.C.; 12-19-2011 at 02:04 PM.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:07 PM   #267
paola
Wizard

version 0.0.6-5 is out:
from google translate:
"Without further ado he took a transfer from android version:
CoolReader for PocketBook, v0.0.6-5 (CREngine 3.0.54-23)
For PB360 PB301 + and
For PB360 Plus, PB60x and PB90x Pro Series

+ Static Linking FreeType
+ Added configuration management hinting of fonts.
+ Initial support for the touchscreen.

Should update the program itself and its localization / system/share/cr3/i18n

From sighted, for some reason the default is No hinting instead Autohinting, can somebody check on android or windose, if you delete option font.hinting.mode =, then when you run a set value?
"
It is worth checking the FAQ in the Ukranian thread here
Old 12-29-2011, 11:56 PM   #268
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Thanks for the update paola.
The default quick menu is still a mirror image of itself (but you can still figure things out from the small caption on its upper left corner).
The settings for 'Preformatted text' and 'Document embedded styles' still give no indication something has happened when clicked.
The 'long back to cancel' in settings should probably be changed since 'long back' calls the task manager in firmware 2.1.2.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #269
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
Thanks for the update paola.
The default quick menu is still a mirror image of itself (but you can still figure things out from the small caption on its upper left corner).
J.C., don't have the 903 with me to check, but is the one attach the menu that would work?
If it is that one, I've now also uploaded it in the top message sticky "User tips..." thread. As for the keymaps, I think one can play around with it in the configuration settings - bivsumy (Ukranian forum user) has made his available on his Coolreader page.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:23 AM   #270
J.C.
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
J.C., don't have the 903 with me to check, but is the one attach the menu that would work?
If it is that one, I've now also uploaded it in the top message sticky "User tips..." thread. As for the keymaps, I think one can play around with it in the configuration settings - bivsumy (Ukranian forum user) has made his available on his Coolreader page.
Oh the quick menu works, its just that the image is sort of mirror image so for example if you stand on the bottom right icon the caption at top left will show the correct title but the proper icon that matches the title will be on the bottom left, so wrong icon but correct caption and action.

Anyhow I mentioned it and the key-mapping in the hope that someone more fluent in Russian will point it out in the right place to be fixed in the future.