Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #34621
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #34622
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Sure, I'm still overweight but I'm not horribly ugly and unattractive as I've always thought I was.
If that photo on your blog page is you, then it's safe to say you are definitely NOT horribly ugly, in fact, NOT ugly at all! Unattractive? Bullshit! If I were 40 years younger, (and on the other side of the world,) I'd be coming after you like a freight train!

I really only know you from what you write. But I've read you for the last 2-3 years and know you to be bright, witty, knowledgeable, self-reliant, and fun. And you sure ain't ugly. So put all those together and it make one very nice package! Certainly one that I'd be happy to call 'friend!'

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:24 AM   #34623
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
What can I add that Stitchawl hasn't already said? I went to 14 different schools so I know a bit about being the new kid, and bullying. I found a punch in the face usually worked a treat on that front.

You are clearly a well balanced and intelligent person (and if I was 30 years younger...etc. etc.) .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #34624
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Rumpelteazer, that was a horrible experience to have gone through. Being bullied is one of childhood's most traumatic experiences, and I suppose all of us have known it to one extent or another. I certainly had my share, and it can leave a kid afraid to even go to school. I agree with everything orlok and Stitchawl said, with one possible exception:

Spoiler:
If either of these is really you, you may not want to consider a career in modeling:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rumpleteazer blog BC.PNG
Views:	113
Size:	367.8 KB
ID:	93832Click image for larger version

Name:	Rumpleteazer blog Bill the Cat.PNG
Views:	125
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	93833
I'm sure they've seen other photos besides an old goat and Bill the Cat.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 10-10-2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: n on known
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #34625
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"

orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #34626
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Thank you all for your kind words. And no, those two photos aren't me . For those interested I just uploaded a new profile picture to my user CP, the other one was almost about 5 years old and the newer one only a year old.

My biggest achievement was proving I wasn't stupid. All pupils have to take a test in their final year of primary school. In my time there were four levels of secondary education: IVO-MAVO (lower vocational), MAVO (vocational), HAVO (after which you could go to college, bachelor level basically) and VWO (after which you can go straight to university for master level). My test score was at MAVO level but my teacher gave my parent the advice to sent me to IVO-MAVO. Back then the first two years in secondary school were to see at what level you were and then you went on to study at (in my school) MAVO, HAVO or VWO level. My grades were good enough for me to go to HAVO, even if my science teacher tried to give me a 5/10 instead of the 7/10 I should have because he thought I should go to MAVO. Despite all this I've managed to go through university.

You should have seen the face of one of my primary school teachers (one that didn't do anything about the bullying) when she was in our store recently when I told her I was now a teacher (even though I don't teach). She expressed her surprise at me becoming a teacher "with my history". It was very satisfactory to tell her that I had excellent examples of how not to treat pupils.

Now I'm off to bed with a nice cup of cinnamon tea, a box of tissues and some painkiller: my sister was so nice as to share her cold with me.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #34627
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I'm glad, at least, that you don't think the cold came from me! I'd hate to have spread it that far afield Mine is improving, and was very short lived. Here's hoping that yours is a short cold too!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #34628
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Short or not I'm using it as an excuse not to have to go to a birthday party Saturday evening. They're good friends but they invite too many people for their not so big house. Their parties are too busy and noisy for me. I don't like busy and noisy. Saturday isn't a good day either, it's the busiest day of the week at the store and I'm usually too tired to be much fun at parties on Saturday. My parents are going so they can give them my presents.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #34629
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you all for your kind words. And no, those two photos aren't me . For those interested I just uploaded a new profile picture to my user CP, the other one was almost about 5 years old and the newer one only a year old....
Oh, you are cute. That's a right sassy picture!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #34630
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
...You should have seen the face of one of my primary school teachers (one that didn't do anything about the bullying) when she was in our store recently when I told her I was now a teacher (even though I don't teach). She expressed her surprise at me becoming a teacher "with my history". It was very satisfactory to tell her that I had excellent examples of how not to treat pupils....
Old 10-11-2012, 02:27 AM   #34631
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Watching a jay attempting to get to the peanuts in the silo outside my window. He (or she)'s too big to land on it; it'll start swinging like crazy when he attempts that. But it's just out of reach when he's sitting on the windowsill, he fell down twice when attempting it that way this morning . After work I'll move the feeder a bit closer to the windowsill so the jays can enjoy peanuts, too.

It seems that my cold is developing in a sinus thing, judging be the pressure I'm feeling above my right eye and underneath my right cheekbone. Bleh. I'm glad I only have to work half a day today, after that a quick trip to the drugstore for ibuprofen and then I'll curl up in bed to play with my new mediaplayer which should be arriving today.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #34632
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Watching a jay attempting to get to the peanuts in the silo outside my window. He (or she)'s too big to land on it; it'll start swinging like crazy when he attempts that....
I saw one of those trying to get into a silo the other day. Like you say, they are too big to land on it, so this one alighted on the barn next to it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Silo Jay.png
Views:	205
Size:	324.4 KB
ID:	93914  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #34633
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
<snip>
It seems that my cold is developing in a sinus thing, judging be the pressure I'm feeling above my right eye and underneath my right cheekbone. Bleh. I'm glad I only have to work half a day today, after that a quick trip to the drugstore for ibuprofen and then I'll curl up in bed to play with my new mediaplayer which should be arriving today.
I hope you feel better and I just want to say how horrible I think all those kids and adults were to treat you that way. I've also read your blog and followed your vacations through your photos along with reading your posts here over the years. I couldn't believe it was you that you were talking about, as it didn't match what a great person I think you are and "ugly" just didn't match what I had viewed in your photos at all. Cute is a better description, I think, and I like the new profile pic with the shorter hair cut.

Right now, I am changing my mind and making hot chocolate instead of coffee because I am cold...
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #34634
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Baby boy is napping on my chest. I love this part of being a mom.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #34635
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Attempting to engrave my mechanical pencils using my father's Dremel. It is probably very anal but I'm engraving the hardness of lead on the pencil so I can keep them apart. I tried using labels but they get dirty quickly and a list isn't working too well either.
FWIW you can buy mechanical pencils with built-in lead hardness indicators. They are usually found in the drafting section of an arts and crafts store.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?