Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-02-2014, 12:54 AM   #1
iakovl
Connoisseur
iakovl began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre , Dropbox and moon+. how to optimize the use?

so,
after sometime i have started to use calibre to manage my fanfic, but i think i have some issues that i need help with

right now i use a dropbox folder to sync my reading across my tablet and smartphone using Moon+, any fic's i download on my pc are later synced to my dropbox and Moon+ keeps my progress on dropbox as well

now i added Calibre to the mix

while i does work well with the FFDL plug to download fic's i use "connect/share" to add my dropbox folder to calibre and "send to device" to get a single epub file to the drop box and not the 3 files of the calibre library (tried to use library on the dropbox itself)

the send to device works well for me but i have to manually set the folder each time and manually upload any new or updated books, any way to go auto on it?
iakovl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:15 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakovl View Post
while i does work well with the FFDL plug to download fic's i use "connect/share" to add my dropbox folder to calibre and "send to device" to get a single epub file to the drop box and not the 3 files of the calibre library (tried to use library on the dropbox itself)

the send to device works well for me but i have to manually set the folder each time and manually upload any new or updated books, any way to go auto on it?
If you set the Send to Device template you can customize the folders.

On my Nexus 7 I use Calibre Companion (CC) to connect my tablet to calibre and wirelessly load the books on my device. I then use CC to launch the book in Moon+ and use Moon+ sync feature to sync position between devices.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2014, 02:39 AM   #3
iakovl
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
If you set the Send to Device template you can customize the folders.
how does one customize it?
Old 06-02-2014, 02:48 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakovl View Post
how does one customize it?
Whatever metadata is in the calibre library when a epub is exported via calibre's gui via Email, Send to device, Save to disk or content server is embedded in the epub.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:35 AM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Are you saying you want calibre to automatically connect to the right folder and save new/updated books once you get them? If so, I'm afraid the answer is no.

However, the Reading List plugin can create lists of books (manually or those that match a search) and automatically sync them to specified devices. You can connect-to-folder and Reading List PI will automatically send those books to the folder.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2014, 01:36 AM   #6
iakovl
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Are you saying you want calibre to automatically connect to the right folder and save new/updated books once you get them? If so, I'm afraid the answer is no.

However, the Reading List plugin can create lists of books (manually or those that match a search) and automatically sync them to specified devices. You can connect-to-folder and Reading List PI will automatically send those books to the folder.
sounds like an option

Tags
dropbox, epub, moon+, sync