Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #136
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
It is in different partition. In win terminology another disk. And I guess, it is so also to prevent unexperienced users to messup things in a reader.

I guess in US, the user might sue distributor, Onyx or anyone involved in sales chain for the loss by being allowed to brick the reader, for psychical strain of not being alble to use the reader and so on.
That sounds very drastic. Other readers (bookeen, pocketbook) I've seen allow access to system files. Then it's the user's responsability, as with any computer.
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #137
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Is there no way to disclose this partition when the Firefly is connected to my pc?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #138
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Is there no way to disclose this partition when the Firefly is connected to my pc?
I would also like that to be possible.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #139
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
Other readers (bookeen, pocketbook) I've seen allow access to system files.
I don't know what you mean. But pocketbook for sure doesn't allow access to system files. What are you trying to achieve?
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #140
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
I don't know what you mean. But pocketbook for sure doesn't allow access to system files. What are you trying to achieve?
On mac os x, if you reveal hidden files, you can see the system files of pocketbook, add dictionaries, fonts, etc…
Old 12-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #141
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I see, dictionaries and fonts are not system files. Can't you add fonts to the "fonts" directory in the internal storage and dictionaries in the "dicts" directory on firefly?
Old 12-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #142
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
I see, dictionaries and fonts are not system files. Can't you add fonts to the "fonts" directory in the internal storage and dictionaries in the "dicts" directory on firefly?
Yes you can (sounds familiar) but we can't access the system fonts or the pre-installed dictionary for example (if only to remove it) or any other elements one might wish to view. It's just strange not to be able to access things freely in an open system.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #143
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
You can access it form PC using terminal and several other ways.

And you can access it from device using OTFM. What is the problem?
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #144
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
You can access it form PC using terminal and several other ways.

And you can access it from device using OTFM. What is the problem?
I guess it's just that I don't know how to do it and that it seems like it would be much easier if it just showed up in the finder. It's not really that big a deal actually. It is much more important to improve the GUI which is very awkward for the moment and as was mentioned previously, not originally meant for this device.
That being said, I think the device feels really nice and has great potential. I'm just hoping and excited to see it happen !
Old 12-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #145
inthemood
Zealot

Hi,

Is it possible to take notes, highlight or sketch with epubs in fbreader ? If no, why not ?

Thank you.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #146
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
we can't access the system fonts or the pre-installed dictionary for example (if only to remove it) or any other elements one might wish to view. It's just strange not to be able to access things freely in an open system.
Exactly the same situation is with pocketbook you have mentioned as allowing access to system files. Onyx is more open than pocketbook since all applications run with root privileges. But pocketbook's soft more flexible (in area of user customization) and consistent. Do we looking for access to the system files or we just need more convenient soft allowing performing necessary customizations? And finally, I don't find it is strange. In open system you may access things freely if you know how.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:44 AM   #147
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Exactly the same situation is with pocketbook you have mentioned as allowing access to system files. Onyx is more open than pocketbook since all applications run with root privileges. But pocketbook's soft more flexible (in area of user customization) and consistent. Do we looking for access to the system files or we just need more convenient soft allowing performing necessary customizations? And finally, I don't find it is strange. In open system you may access things freely if you know how.
Ok. I guess my frustration comes mostly from my incompetence and lack of knowledge.
I think you're right when you say that what we need is a more convenient and consistent soft allowing customizations and, I would add, one that is really adapted to the device.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #148
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Firefly unboxing in italian, courtesy of Borindil, a member of the simplicissimus. it e-book forum.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:15 AM   #149
inthemood
Zealot

Hello,

Which application opens cbr and cbz files ?
Old 12-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #150
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
For when the firmware of Firefly?

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote