Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-28-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
Ellipsys
Ellipsys began at the beginning.

Device: Asus EeePad Transformer
Asus EEEpad Transformer ( Android Honeycomb) - Not Detected

Hello. I'm a big fan of Calibre on my desktop (Linux and Windows) and I'd like to use it as my main conversion and management/sync software for my new Asus EEEpad Transformer.

The Transformer is a new device running the highest end variant of the Tegra2 platform, a beautiful gorilla-glass covered IPS display and the Android 3.0.1 "Honeycomb" OS. Different from the 2.3 "Gingerbread" line, Honeycomb was created with tablets in mind instead of phones. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem Calibre yet supports Honeycomb, or the Transformer itself, or perhaps I've made a mistake somewhere?

It is not detected as a device when plugged in with Calibre open (or closed, for that matter). I have the Asus Android USB driver installed on my PC however, and can access the device through Windows Explorer (haven't yet tried it on Linux). The Transformer does seem to go into "USB Debug" mode when plugged in via USB, but turning that off doesn't seem to make a difference either, necessarily - I'll give it another try to see if there are any differences between the two, but USB Debug mode is on by default when plugged in.

All the plugins are active for various devices. What E-book Device setting shall I tell it to use? Generic - Ipad like Tablet? Android Tablet? I've tried on both, seeming the most logical choices.

Any other ideas or is this something that simply must come in a new update? Thanks.
Ellipsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
To get Calibre to recognise any device then Calibre has to know the USB device Id details for the device. However, recently Calibre added the User Defined device that allows a User to specify the details of a device that is not currently known to Calibre which means you no longer have to wait for support to be added to Calibre for new devices.

In terms of profiles then you are probably right to use Android tablet as a sensible one.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
AFAIK, devices need to be connected as a removable USB storage medium in order for Calibre to be able to detect and connect to them. If the tablet doesn't connect as a drive, even the user-defined driver won't help you.

If it does connect as a drive, post the info requested here to get it officially supported.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/786066
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote