Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Exclamation wiki page on rooting & modding the T1

Hi all,

I just want to point you to a dedicated wiki page for the PRS-T1:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...ing_and_Tweaks

I hope it will become a helpfull source of info for beginners and advanced users and devs...

Should this post be made sticky?
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:02 AM   #2
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
That is really cool!

I think CoolReader also work on T1, right?
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2011, 03:34 AM   #3
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
That's right. So does FBreader. Please feel free to add to the wiki
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:57 AM   #4
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

I haven't rooted my T1 yet. So I'm not sure about the apps....

I think we also should add the "new homescreen" wiki links to GoogleCode ( http://code.google.com/p/sonyprst1home/ ) and a link to the mobileread-thread ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155911 ).
Old 11-25-2011, 04:09 AM   #5
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
Hi all,

I just want to point you to a dedicated wiki page for the PRS-T1:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...ing_and_Tweaks

I hope it will become a helpfull source of info for beginners and advanced users and devs...

Should this post be made sticky?
I add coolreader and other 2 sections...
Maybe the empty pdf reader section is interesting ...
Probably it is better to add some info on what works and not works (for example coolreader also supports the physical buttons.
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2011, 04:29 AM   #6
salines
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewandeep View Post
I add coolreader and other 2 sections...
Maybe the empty pdf reader section is interesting ...
Probably it is better to add some info on what works and not works (for example coolreader also supports the physical buttons.
That's really great!

I think the extra-info is also interesting.

I would add CoolReader, but I haven't the link to the projectpage.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:22 AM   #7
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salines View Post
That's really great!

I think the extra-info is also interesting.

I would add CoolReader, but I haven't the link to the projectpage.
I correct the link of coolreader, now it points to the english page (unfortunately I did not understand russian )
Old 11-29-2011, 07:22 AM   #8
salines
Zealot

Please help to add/confirm apps and other informations.

Thanks to "David"!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #9
ewandeep
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by salines View Post
Please help to add/confirm apps and other informations.

Thanks to "David"!

I directly tested on my prs-T1

Evernote, Sugarsync and Dropbox works perfectly.
As for the pdf reader the only working is:
Repligoreader (very good functionality to add notes)
https://market.android.com/details?i...ature=top-paid
Anyway for me the original reader is the best for reading pdf at the moment
Old 12-13-2011, 08:41 AM   #10
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
salines: that's me

ewandeep: I couldn't make Evernote work... it started syncing, and then when I tried to open a note (one of my favorite recipes, "Tarte Tatin") it crashed and I had to start over everything (credentials, configuration, sync). I tried 3 times and abandoned hope...

Also, I have a few questions about the information on this page :
* who made the patch to FbReader that allows using the buttons to turn the pages ? I'd like to know how to port it to newer versions...
* there is a (+) after Aldiko in the eBook reader apps list; this should mean the it was installed and confirmed working. However, I tried several times to install different versions and I always get the cryptic "Application not installed" message... Any hint ? I'd love to have this app...

Last edited by dpierron; 12-13-2011 at 08:56 AM.
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #11
ewandeep
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
salines: that's me

ewandeep: I couldn't make Evernote work... it started syncing, and then when I tried to open a note (one of my favorite recipes, "Tarte Tatin") it crashed and I had to start over everything (credentials, configuration, sync). I tried 3 times and abandoned hope...
Indeed I tested extensively only Sugarsync and Dropbox, I installed and sync Evernote, but nothing else, I will update the wiki.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #12
j0534ng31
Connoisseur
j0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1 black
Procedure to install Android Market added to the wiki page
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...rket_Procedure

Procedure to resize Data Partition / enlarge storage for installing applications added to the wiki page
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...g_applications

Last edited by j0534ng31; 12-30-2011 at 04:21 PM.
j0534ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote