Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-28-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
joli64
joli64 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
How to install a mobipocket dictionary for lookup!

Hi there,
does anyone know how to manage to get an iLiad recognize a dictionary (mobipocket PRC) while reading a mobipocket ebook (PRC) and using the lookup function from within the mobipocket reader. My PC I am downloading to for transfer to the iLiad runs on Linux - Ubuntu 8.04. I heard on MS Windows the mobipocket download manager does something with the file format.
Reading the ebook as well as reading and search function of the dictionary, when read independantly, works.
I just cannot get the lookup function to work. So I have to quit the ebook, start the dictionary, search and translate and navigate back.

Did anyone manage to get this work and has a hint for me?

Best regards,
Johannes
joli64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The dictionary (or multiple dictionaries) need to be in the Books/Mobipocket directory. This directory on external cards (e.g. CF) are supposed to work, but the internal memory Books/Mobipocket directory definitely works. It probably needs to be opened at least once too. See Dictionary on iliad? how to configure?.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2008, 04:30 AM   #3
joli64
joli64 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Smile Thanks!

Thanks it works now. I put the dictionary file now to the internal memory /books/mobipocket.
Called it from there once and the icon within the mobipocket reader is now active.
Before I had put it just on my CF cards in /books/. As book it was found, just not as dictionary.

Anyway thanks for that hint and best regards, Johannes
joli64 is offline   Reply With Quote