Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-12-2019, 01:15 AM   #1
LivingOn
LivingOn began at the beginning.

Device: kwp3
PW3,fw 5.10.3 serial jailbreaking help

Hello everyone
I have a pw3 32 fw5.10.3. And according to what I have read https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541,I have reached the stage of installing the "main-htmlviewer.tar.gz" , but the latest version of the jailbreak plug-in obviously cannot be installed according to the method in the previous post. How to install the jailbreak plug-in, what are the specific steps, and who can help me?
LivingOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:21 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
As far as I'm aware, the jailbreak process pretty much just copies the file: pubdevkey01.pem into the directory /etc/uks/ with the requisite permissions.

If you have main-htmlviewer.tar.gz from the Factory JB package on the usb root perhaps the following might work.

Code:
tar xvf /mnt/us/main-htmlviewer.tar.gz
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Packages targeting the Kindle 5 (Touch/PW1/PW2/KT2/KV/PW3/KOA/KT3/KOA2/PW4):

Last edited by ilovejedd; 05-12-2019 at 03:37 AM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2019, 07:27 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Actually that is wrong.
the ;installHTML search bar command expects a compressed archive (*.tar.gz)
So just move the compressed archive to the visible root of USB storage.
And use the search bar command to install the contents.
Note: Only the "factory_*.bin" images have a working ;installHTML search bar command.

I may have the case wrong on the above command, but I am sure anyone can figure out what command I am writing about.

If on MacOS or Windoze OS - be careful that the OS has not helpfully converted the "tar bomb" (which is correct) into a "safe archive" which will not work.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:49 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OP has a PW3 on 5.10.3 and is doing a serial jailbreak (last factory fw available thus far is 5.9.6.1). From his post, it seems like he already has shell access but further instructions from the serial jailbreak thread are geared towards older devices/firmware.

;installHtml just runs /usr/local/bin/InstallHtmlViewer.sh and this is pretty much what that script contains.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#
# Copyright (c) 2012 Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
# PROPRIETARY/CONFIDENTIAL
# Use is subject to license terms.
#
# Populate the files for html viewer

# root path after main-htmlviewer.tar.gz is extracted
FILE_PATH=/mnt/us/transferfiles

# copy files from tar to folders on device
mntroot rw
cd /mnt/us
cd $FILE_PATH
cp wafapp /usr/bin/
if [ -f  /var/local/waf/htmlviewer ]
	then rm -rf /var/local/waf/htmlviewer
fi
if [ -f  /opt/var/local/waf/htmlviewer ]
	then rm -rf /opt/var/local/waf/htmlviewer
fi
cp -r htmlviewer /opt/var/local/waf/
if [ -f  /mnt/us/html_demos ]
	then rm -rf /mnt/us/html_demos
fi
cp -r html_demos /mnt/us/
cp htmlviewer.install /mnt/us/

# register application, cleanup and restart
register htmlviewer.install
cd ..
rm -rf $FILE_PATH
usbnetwork stop
restart appmgrd
restart x
restart framework
Old 05-12-2019, 08:58 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The mntroot rw bit *is* kind of important, though .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2019, 09:09 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
OP has a PW3 on 5.10.3 and is doing a serial jailbreak (last factory fw available thus far is 5.9.6.1). From his post, it seems like he already has shell access but further instructions from the serial jailbreak thread are geared towards older devices/firmware.

;installHtml just runs /usr/local/bin/InstallHtmlViewer.sh and this is pretty much what that script contains.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#
# Copyright (c) 2012 Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
# PROPRIETARY/CONFIDENTIAL
# Use is subject to license terms.
#
# Populate the files for html viewer

# root path after main-htmlviewer.tar.gz is extracted
FILE_PATH=/mnt/us/transferfiles

# copy files from tar to folders on device
mntroot rw
cd /mnt/us
cd $FILE_PATH
cp wafapp /usr/bin/
if [ -f  /var/local/waf/htmlviewer ]
    then rm -rf /var/local/waf/htmlviewer
fi
if [ -f  /opt/var/local/waf/htmlviewer ]
    then rm -rf /opt/var/local/waf/htmlviewer
fi
cp -r htmlviewer /opt/var/local/waf/
if [ -f  /mnt/us/html_demos ]
    then rm -rf /mnt/us/html_demos
fi
cp -r html_demos /mnt/us/
cp htmlviewer.install /mnt/us/

# register application, cleanup and restart
register htmlviewer.install
cd ..
rm -rf $FILE_PATH
usbnetwork stop
restart appmgrd
restart x
restart framework
Yup, that is how a tar bomb is installed.
But
if you can run the tar command, why not just run the mv command and move the certificate to the correct place?
Old 05-12-2019, 11:45 PM   #7
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yup, that is how a tar bomb is installed.
But
if you can run the tar command, why not just run the mv command and move the certificate to the correct place?
I didn't know if there were permissions from the tar bomb that needed to be kept. I'm quite unfamiliar with *nix.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:48 PM   #8
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The mntroot rw bit *is* kind of important, though .
Thank you for the correction. I was just throwing out an idea based on how I understand the factory jailbreak to work. I'm guessing OP would need at least these two lines?

Code:
mntroot rw
I'm unfamiliar with serial jailbreak. Would /mnt/us/ already be mounted automatically or does he need to mount that manually as well?
Old 05-13-2019, 08:12 PM   #9
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Thank you for the correction. I was just throwing out an idea based on how I understand the factory jailbreak to work. I'm guessing OP would need at least these two lines?

Code:
mntroot rw
I'm unfamiliar with serial jailbreak. Would /mnt/us/ already be mounted automatically or does he need to mount that manually as well?
If the USB cable is disconnected, it is both mounted and usable.

If the user storage area is exported over USB (storage accessible), then it is mounted but can not be used internally (what the serial port command line is).
Old 05-14-2019, 06:28 AM   #10
LivingOn
LivingOn began at the beginning.

Device: kwp3
Quote:

Code:
mntroot rw
Thank you very much for your help,my pw3 has been jailbreak
LivingOn is offline   Reply With Quote