Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 09:41 AM   #61
Starfire
Starfire began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Hello! New here, just got a Sony 505 myself and really enjoying it, reading some free Baen books! But here is my idea for a logo, I'm a graphic designer so figured I'd throw mine into the mix.

It's all vector (Illustrator) of course color can be changed and also works grey scale.

I'm sure I'll come up with a few more also!

Thanks!

Jasonn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2105036819_e947343d8c.jpg
Views:	837
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	7988  
Old 12-12-2007, 10:09 AM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
MobileRead: Because a day without DRM discussion is a day without sunshine!
DRM: doing away with my rights one ebook at a time.
Advert
Old 12-12-2007, 10:25 AM   #63
amaysingstories
amaysingstories is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm Tungsten T
Thanks, Barry!

- Tom Mays
Old 12-12-2007, 10:27 AM   #64
aabeg100
Enthusiast
aabeg100 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aabeg100 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aabeg100 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aabeg100 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aabeg100 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iRex Iliad
Tagline

Hi,

Since mobilread forum was the only place on the web that was able to clearify for me the issues, questions, queries, expectations, illusion, fears and limitations regarding every possible ebook reading device out there and in process help me make up my mind about which reader to purchase. I suggest the following tagline:

mobileread: Bringing Clarity to ebook Chaos

'or simply'

mobileread: from ebook Chaos to Clarity

Let me know what you think

Asim Baig
Old 12-12-2007, 01:27 PM   #65
aapezzuto
Zealot
aapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I just realized something -

Before when we were looking for a new logo there was no "winner" so people felt pretty comfortable looking at someone else ideas, and then refining/altering/improving them and there we not reason to need to resolve who's idea it was. With the introduction of a prize, I'm on a little more shaky ground. Maybe we could get some clarification on this from the higher ups? or perhaps as a community we could come to an agreement of "fair use" during the contest?
also with the deadline so far away, and so many submissions, do we want to come up with an already submitted listing?
Advert
Old 12-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #66
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
aapezzuto, we'd be most comfortable of course if the community agreed on this. If it doesn't work, we'll try to come up with some guidelines.

Great idea about the submission listing... we'll come with something up tomorrow.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:35 PM   #67
aapezzuto
Zealot
aapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enough

I wanted to re-submit these from the old logo thread
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MRLogo1.png
Views:	900
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	7778   Click image for larger version

Name:	MRLogo2.png
Views:	922
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	7779  
Old 12-12-2007, 01:43 PM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

aapezzuto, I've been using one of those for my logo in the ebooks I've been posting. The second one actually.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #69
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
aapezzuto's second icon remains my favorite. Simple, clean, and clear in concept.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:05 PM   #70
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
aapezzuto's second icon remains my favorite. Simple, clean, and clear in concept.
The only problem with it now that I see it again is the hand is on the wrong side. The 505 buttons moved to the right.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:06 PM   #71
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
The hand would be on the right (sorry, I mean correct) side for an iLiad, though. I think the picture should be as device-agnostic as possible. This picture doesn't show any buttons, just some kind of reader held in a hand, with text. That's what I like about it.

Last edited by nekokami; 12-12-2007 at 02:06 PM. Reason: correct vs. right
Old 12-12-2007, 02:14 PM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
The hand would be on the right (sorry, I mean correct) side for an iLiad, though. I think the picture should be as device-agnostic as possible. This picture doesn't show any buttons, just some kind of reader held in a hand, with text. That's what I like about it.
I was just teasing.. But I did have a real valid idea...
Take the one on the left with no lines of text and on the screen put a small version of the wining logo. I think that would look nice.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:16 PM   #73
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I like it too. I only wonder if there should be some kind of indiciation that it's MobileRead. You know, like for instance the small 'e' in the Engadget logo.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:28 PM   #74
FixB
Groupie
FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS500
But, exactly as for the phone of the previous logo, will aapezzuto's proposal not be out of date when the flexible devices become available (let's hope in less than a year ) ?
Old 12-12-2007, 02:37 PM   #75
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixB View Post
But, exactly as for the phone of the previous logo, will aapezzuto's proposal not be out of date when the flexible devices become available (let's hope in less than a year ) ?
I think that's an optimistic hope! Anyway, we can't know what final form the flexible readers might take. But if MR waits until we see the "next thing on the horizon," there will never be a new logo!

I think it's most important that it be clear that it is a more-or-less generic electronic version of a book reader... that's the focus. The logos that clearly present an electronic device accomplish that.
Closed Thread