Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #16
mimi24
Enthusiast
mimi24 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mimi24 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mimi24 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mimi24 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyros View Post
Of course I 've pre-ordered a k3. I am in love of my sony 505 but we thought that we need fresh air in our relationship so K3 is perfect for a threesome
Seriously, I've chosen k3 for the following reasons:
- Dictionary (for a english learners like me is amazing)
- Text to speech (for the same reason)
- Notes
- Price
- 3g although I am not sure if in Spain I will browse freely I really hope so because I've paid $50 plus tax fees for a 3g model ....

I hope amazon not delay delivering k3 .......
Same here although I have ordered the WiFi only model
mimi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #17
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Ordered one for the wife yesterday.

Have never had an eink device. I do all my reading on my iphone. Who knows, after I check her K3 out, I may order one for myself - though I do love not having to worry about lighting with the iphone.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #18
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Pre-ordered a graphite 3G and a white 3G.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #19
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno
Bluesman7 doesn't litterBluesman7 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
I ordered a Wi-Fi only version for two of our nieces and their families.
Bluesman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #20
ChaoZ
Connoisseur
ChaoZ doesn't litterChaoZ doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Mini, Kobo Touch
Not me. I'm waiting for the first round of reviews, especially from the MobileRead crowd.
ChaoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #21
geemac
Enthusiast
geemac began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3G, Nook Glowlight, Nook HD+,Kobo Touch,Kindle Paper
I have a red Sony PRS 505; I've ordered a 3G Kindle. No idea why

Ordered on the 29 July and my account said end of August delivery, it now says Delivery Estimate: 30 Sep 2010 - 4 Oct 2010

Last edited by geemac; 08-06-2010 at 05:34 AM.
geemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #22
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I just pulled the trigger on a K3 with the lighted case and 2-year warranty. But, I'm wondering when the warranty will kick in. The warranty "deliver date" is 2 months before I'm likely to get the Kindle. I hope it doesn't cut those 2 months off my warranty period.

I called Amazon Customer service about the warranty, but the poor girl in India (I'm guessing) just could not understand what I was asking her. I went round and around telling her repeatedly what I wanted to know, but she just couldn't grasp what I was getting at.

I sent an email asking the same question. Hopefully I'll get a reply within a few hours.

Last edited by carld; 08-05-2010 at 12:42 PM.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #23
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
I've ordered one from amazon.co.uk. I thought there was an estimated dispatch date when I ordered but now it just says I will get email notification. Even the dispatch date for the case has gone out by a few days.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #24
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Anyone with a conspiratorial frame of mind? Me thinks the first batch will be delivered a tad early, making the K3 a conversation topic, including how good Amazon's customer service is.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:00 PM   #25
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Waiting for some reviews, too. And I don't mind the waiting.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:25 PM   #26
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
I returned my 28-day old K2 the day after I ordered my new Graphite 3G+Wi-Fi. How can I not? Of course I'm stuck reading my books on Kindle for PC, but I'll survive.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #27
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Since fiction wise went belly up finding reasonably priced e-books has been hard and amazon are closest to fitting the bill. Yes, I ordered the 3G version and I like the whisper sync with my iPhone and iPad !!
Of course, I have to be patient now for a month or so!!
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #28
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Yes I succumbed to the feeding frenzy and pre-ordered a K3. I've got a perfectly good DX but I couldn't resist being swept into the stampede.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:13 PM   #29
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Anyone with a conspiratorial frame of mind? Me thinks the first batch will be delivered a tad early, making the K3 a conversation topic, including how good Amazon's customer service is.
Underpromise and overdeliver is good business. However, I suspect that Amazon bases their delivery dates on the promises they get from Foxconn, the giant Taiwan-based electronics company Amazon gets this stuff from. There probably is a small army of people working, in China or elsewhere, to get the big Amazon order on board an airplane in time. Google Foxconn to learn about the good (most worker salaries set to more than double in October) and not so good (long hours).

Does anyone know the extent to which Amazon does its own engineering, as opposed to taking a proposed design shown by a Greater China company at a trade show and slapping on their logo? (No implication intended that one way is better for humanity than the other.)
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #30
SpeckledJim
Enthusiast
SpeckledJim began at the beginning.

Device: K3 WiFi
Lab126 do the design work for the Kindles. They are a Cupertino based subsidiary of Amazon.

http://lab126.com/index.html
SpeckledJim is offline   Reply With Quote