Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #871
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
The first post of the Direct Links thread has been updated.

I'm calling this one the Peri-Peri release. The Australians here will understand, the rest of you can remain puzzled...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:32 AM   #872
peyton
Enthusiast
peyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Mini 32GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bits View Post
I have no good reason to do this upgrade
other than to see if it works ...

Note: I do not sync to kobo
Update of firmware was manual
I only have sideloaded ebooks (epub and kepub)

On first test all seems to work fine

There were 2 changes in my Kobo eReader.conf file settings ...

FullBookPageNumbers=false

(required change back to true)

and a missing line ...

ShowHeaderFooter=true

(needed to be re-entered)

on superficial testing all looks -AOK
Thanks for the feedback !
peyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2014, 07:22 PM   #873
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
First post updated for the PC Desktop 3.8.0 release.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:44 PM   #874
Halvah
Bodhisattva
Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Clara2e
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
The first post of the Direct Links thread has been updated.

I'm calling this one the Peri-Peri release. The Australians here will understand, the rest of you can remain puzzled...
Hoping to sideload 3.3.0 to my Kobo Glo (first time effort and a little nervous). I'm not entirely clear as to whether I should copy the zip file to the .kobo directory and unzip it from there (within the .kobo directory) or if I should first unzip the 3.3.0 zip file and then copy the contents to the .kobo directory. I'm assuming that I should use the Mark 4 hardware version?
Thanks.

Last edited by Halvah; 05-20-2014 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Added question.
Halvah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #875
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halvah View Post
Hoping to sideload 3.3.0 to my Kobo Glo (first time effort and a little nervous). I'm not entirely clear as to whether I should copy the zip file to the .kobo directory and unzip it from there (within the .kobo directory) or if I should first unzip the 3.3.0 zip file and then copy the contents to the .kobo directory.
Both ways are ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halvah View Post
I'm assuming that I should use the Mark 4 hardware version?
Thanks.
You are assuming correctly.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2014, 07:35 PM   #876
Halvah
Bodhisattva
Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halvah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for your quick response tshering.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:39 PM   #877
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'd suggest doing the unzip on the PC and then copying the resulting files to the Kobo; no point using the slower USB interface to both read AND write the data.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:07 PM   #878
Halvah
Bodhisattva

That makes sense Peter...thanks.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:47 PM   #879
Halvah
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I'd suggest doing the unzip on the PC and then copying the resulting files to the Kobo; no point using the slower USB interface to both read AND write the data.
Using explorer, when I look into the main drive I see the .kobo directory. When I click on the .kobo directory it opens and I see various files like KoboReader sqlite, some .conf files and six directories including another one called Kobo.

Which Kobo directory do I copy the unzipped v.3.3.0 files to: .kobo or the Kobo directory within the .kobo directory?

Also posted in "Just got firmware 3.3.0"
Old 05-25-2014, 03:17 PM   #880
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Copy the unzipped files to the .kobo directory, Halvah.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #881
Halvah
Bodhisattva

Thank you trekk—successful!

Last edited by Halvah; 05-25-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:30 AM   #882
Vad-im
Vad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Glo

I recently did automatic upgrade to the latest firmware and found that some of my FB2 books have a faint font color. Adjusting the font weight didn't help and I did a manual return to the previous firmware as it was suggested here. I used few firmware from the this thread but each time I can read only epub files. My FB2 files stay invisible on the memory card. Please help with solution
Vad-im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #883
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vad-im View Post
I recently did automatic upgrade to the latest firmware and found that some of my FB2 books have a faint font color. Adjusting the font weight didn't help and I did a manual return to the previous firmware as it was suggested here. I used few firmware from the this thread but each time I can read only epub files. My FB2 files stay invisible on the memory card. Please help with solution
I don't know that the Kobo Glo has ever said that it supports FB2. Is there a reason you don't just convert them to EPUB? That would seem to be the most robust solution.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:52 AM   #884
Vad-im
Vad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVad-im can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Glo
Originally I could read almost any type including FB2, txt Epub, PDF, but now only Epub. If I do automatic upgrade I will get back this ability and this problem.
Vad-im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:01 AM   #885
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vad-im View Post
Originally I could read almost any type including FB2, txt Epub, PDF, but now only Epub. If I do automatic upgrade I will get back this ability and this problem.
The Kobo Glo specifications don't include FB2. Supported file types are: "EPUB, PDF, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, TXT, (X)HTML, RTF, CBZ, CBR". Again, I would suggest that the most robust solution going forward would be to simply convert them to EPUB using Calibre. Is there a reason that's not a satisfactory solution?

Alternatively, you could try Koreader.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote