Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #151
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
^^^^ can you touch type on the kindle keyboard? You must have magic fingers.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:00 AM   #152
macminer
Connoisseur
macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.macminer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 3, Lenovo Tab 4 8" (formerly many others)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
^^^^ can you touch type on the kindle keyboard? You must have magic fingers.
Yes, I might have magic fingers, because of my 30-year-long guitar and piano practice

And no, I can't exactly touch type on Kindle. But I can "thumb-type", which is a lot faster for me than fighting with a virtual keyboard on a capacitive screen. By the way, I also have a HTC Touch Pro2, which has a mini-QWERTY sliding keyboard, so I got quite used to these thumb-keyboards.

That said, if the capacitive screen is big enough (starting with 10" as "enough") and high quality (like in Ipads), the problem of missed or wrongly hit characters becomes less acute. But I wouldn't be happy with a 10" e-reader, because at this size portability becomes an issue. I guess what I really want is a 10" foldable screen with a physical keyboard
macminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #153
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
spookymunj, I don't mean adding 1000 books at a time. I mean doing it in batches of a dozen books at a time over the course of two years. It just doesn't seem like a strong enough architecture (processor, memory, whatever) to handle a quantity of titles. It is absurd to me that I still have space left but can't functionally use it.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #154
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
A french website : http://actu-des-ebooks.fr/2011/09/06...s-en-francais/ is reporting from a radio station that the new Kindle 4 is coming October 8th, and will concur with Amazon offering a "real" French book selection.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #155
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
I'm still waiting for the new kindle. I only hope the price doesn't increase

As for touchscreen, I have Nokia with it and I find it fine (I do have protector on).

I was just wondering, if kindle will have a touchscreen, will it be touch (iphone) or press (Nokia)? I prefer press as you can press with a nail so there are no actual touching of the screen and it stays clean.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #156
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
spookymunj, I don't mean adding 1000 books at a time. I mean doing it in batches of a dozen books at a time over the course of two years. It just doesn't seem like a strong enough architecture (processor, memory, whatever) to handle a quantity of titles. It is absurd to me that I still have space left but can't functionally use it.
Have you tried making directories in the documents directory on the Kindle and moving the book files into those directories? That is supposed to help when you have a lot of books.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #157
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi View Post
A french website : http://actu-des-ebooks.fr/2011/09/06...s-en-francais/ is reporting from a radio station that the new Kindle 4 is coming October 8th, and will concur with Amazon offering a "real" French book selection.
Interesting, please let us know if you hear or read anything else in the French media.

Merci beaucoup!
log is offline   Reply With Quote