Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-07-2007, 07:04 AM   #1
blueowl
blueowl began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Question PDF - turning page speed

Hello,

I am curious, how to create pdfs, so that thay have page turn as quick as lrfs have.
I have download some pdfs from mobileread (e.g. TreasureIsland - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=treasure) or Little Cinerella from manybooks.net and they are as quick (or slow ;-)) as lrf from sony.
Hovewer when I tried to create pdfs from OpenOffice (using export to pdf), they have approximately twice as long page turning interval.
I tried several fonts, but that didn't help.

So could somebody advice a better way to create pdf?
I would prefer open source tools as I am using linux.

Jirka
blueowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:57 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Jirka, I tried a couple of Linux command line tools, and I found that while htmldoc creates rather "inefficient" PDF files (causing slow page turns on the Reader), html2ps and pdftex work pretty well.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert