Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 09-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
Cinnabar
Cinnabar began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader
Battery Question

I've had my EZReader for a few months now, and I'm pleased overall, but I haven't gotten 8000 page turns from it, or anything like it.

The reader came with (apparently) a Chinese clone battery, and I'm thinking about getting another -- and better -- one. Does anyone have any suggestions about what brand would be best?
Cinnabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
You won't get anything like 8000 pages on any eink device. Some people report two to three weeks. I usually get several days worth. I can always complete a book, but not 8000 pages.

p.s. I suspect that one page turn is actually two pages. Once when it flashes and once when it actually draws the new page. For example, the Cybook Gen III actually had the option to turn pages without the flash. This would equate to a 4,000 page capacity if true. Furthermore, I think it assumes you are just constantly turning pages quickly. In real life, there is a load due to processor time, reading from the SD card, etcetera.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
Cinnabar
Cinnabar began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader
Thanks, emellaich, that's about what I'm getting, too.
Cinnabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:34 PM   #4
ZJH
Hanlin Agent in Singapore
ZJH began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
You can use Nokia battery, it's compitable.
ZJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #5
ZJH
Hanlin Agent in Singapore
ZJH began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
I happened to see this FAQ when browsing the official Hanlin website, hope it helps:

4. How long the battery last after charging? Does the battery can be replaced by the user?
A:It can support the power for turning not less than 8000 pages; music playing for up to 10 hours after fully charged.
The product adopts the general battery (Nokia Bl4c, Bl5c); user can buy it in any electronics shop. Battery fully charged need three (3) hours through charger, and six (6) hours through USB cable

Original webpage is here.
ZJH is offline   Reply With Quote