Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Not Another E-Book (NAEB) HAS its bank accounts!!!

Which means, yes, I finally got the Certificates in Good Standing from both Nevada and California and was able to complete the bank account application process today! Now we tie all this into our online e-store and we should be able to start accepting orders as of Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest!

Sorry for the delays, it's been a long, strange experience for us as none of us has ever gone through the process of getting a Limited Liability Corporation registered across states before. Thank you for your patience. We hope to have our initial group order placed before the end of the month so I'll be sending out email notifications of our store's weblink shortly. If you haven't already signed up for notification, please do so at our website.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:08 PM   #2
mjdb
Kiwi Member
mjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-books

Device: NAEB Bookeen Cybook Gen3, eBookman
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Which means, yes, I finally got the Certificates in Good Standing from both Nevada and California and was able to complete the bank account application process today! Now we tie all this into our online e-store and we should be able to start accepting orders as of Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest!

Sorry for the delays, it's been a long, strange experience for us as none of us has ever gone through the process of getting a Limited Liability Corporation registered across states before. Thank you for your patience. We hope to have our initial group order placed before the end of the month so I'll be sending out email notifications of our store's weblink shortly. If you haven't already signed up for notification, please do so at our website.

Derek

Great News.

Martin.
mjdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
ggendel
Connoisseur
ggendel is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook 3
Derek,

Congratulations! I know it's been a stressful time trying to get this going.

I'll be counting the hours until the store is open for business.

Gary

Quote:

Derek
ggendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #4
mcdaniel
mcdaniel began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Applause & suggestions

I agree with the other comments, i.e., I am happy that you have finally been able to negotiate the various hurdles that delayed setting up NAEB to accept our orders.

Now you may also want to do something about updated the information on the NAEB site, since not all of your potential customers frequent MobileRead.

Also, I have experienced a problem that prevents me from accessing the Baen's Bar Forum since late November. (The browser tries to access Baen's Bar but goes into a Do Loop cycle between bar.baen.com and bar.baen.com/Default.aspx). If others are experiencing the same denial of service problem you may also have difficulty in spreading the word that you are now open for business. [Note. I have emailed Arnold at webwrights about the problem, but have received no reply. Guess he has been on vacation].

Robert

Quote:
Which means, yes, I finally got the Certificates in Good Standing from both Nevada and California and was able to complete the bank account application process today! Now we tie all this into our online e-store and we should be able to start accepting orders as of Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest! ....

Derek
mcdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:27 PM   #5
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaniel View Post
I agree with the other comments, i.e., I am happy that you have finally been able to negotiate the various hurdles that delayed setting up NAEB to accept our orders.

Now you may also want to do something about updated the information on the NAEB site, since not all of your potential customers frequent MobileRead.

Also, I have experienced a problem that prevents me from accessing the Baen's Bar Forum since late November. (The browser tries to access Baen's Bar but goes into a Do Loop cycle between bar.baen.com and bar.baen.com/Default.aspx). If others are experiencing the same denial of service problem you may also have difficulty in spreading the word that you are now open for business. [Note. I have emailed Arnold at webwrights about the problem, but have received no reply. Guess he has been on vacation].

Robert
Funny, I just tried it and had no problem. Have you tried using the direct link: http://bar.baen.com/Default.aspx ? And are you sure you have updated your login and password - I remember that all got changed a while back.

Derek
Advert
Old 12-15-2007, 05:34 PM   #6
mcdaniel
mcdaniel began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Off subject

Derek:
I discovered the cause of the DO LOOP shortly after posting my message. I had installed new Internet protection software a few weeks ago and apparently selected too much privacy. I have deselected the problem causing feature and now have normal access to Baen's Bar.
The cause:
INTEGO NET BARRIER X4
Privacy/Surf/Information Hiding
I selected "Hide information about my computer and Internet Browser" and, I now understand, some sites require that information or they don't react properly.

Robert

Quote:
Funny, I just tried it and had no problem. Have you tried using the direct link: http://bar.baen.com/Default.aspx ? And are you sure you have updated your login and password - I remember that all got changed a while back.

Derek
mcdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:41 AM   #7
ggendel
Connoisseur
ggendel is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook 3
Derek,

The Wednesday "at the latest!" has come and gone. Can we get new status information? These are the scenarios that pop up in my head.

1) Another paperwork snag will delay things another few days.
2) Everything is in order, but Bookeen has back-ordered the shipment. Could be several weeks delay.

Of course I'd prefer (1).

Gary

Quote:

Derek
ggendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:57 AM   #8
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
Derek,

The Wednesday "at the latest!" has come and gone. Can we get new status information? These are the scenarios that pop up in my head.

1) Another paperwork snag will delay things another few days.
2) Everything is in order, but Bookeen has back-ordered the shipment. Could be several weeks delay.

Of course I'd prefer (1).

Gary
WEEEeeeellll... There *is* the whole Bookeen has backordered 'thing', of which we've heard nothing officially. I only found out because I 'happened' to drop by to download the User's Guide prc file.

But to give you a boost in expectations. Yes, our store is almost up. The big problem we're having is that Paypal made a micro-deposit to our bank account and it's been taking three days for the micro-deposit to show up. No micro-deposit information, no ability to post to Paypal that, yes, our bank IS our bank. Also, we're still waiting for the checkbooks to arrive so that I can attach a VOIDED check to the signed CC processing agreement and FAX it all to our preferred CC processing company.

I here and now want to make it perfectly clear that the paperwork to get a bank account and get it tied into an e-store (for an LLC corporation) is FAR more than the negotiations for actually working with Bookeen!

Derek
Old 12-20-2007, 02:08 PM   #9
roncri
Enthusiast
roncri began at the beginning.

Quote:
I here and now want to make it perfectly clear that the paperwork to get a bank account and get it tied into an e-store (for an LLC corporation) is FAR more than the negotiations for actually working with Bookeen!

Derek
Did this come as a surprise?
roncri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:45 PM   #10
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
[snip]...our store is almost up. The big problem we're having is that Paypal made a micro-deposit to our bank account and it's been taking three days for the micro-deposit to show up. No micro-deposit information, no ability to post to Paypal that, yes, our bank IS our bank. Also, we're still waiting for the checkbooks to arrive so that I can attach a VOIDED check to the signed CC processing agreement and FAX it all to our preferred CC processing company...
Just so I can check, is Paypal going to be the only payment processor, or will you be also able to accept "real" credit cards? (in my case specifically, American Express?)
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:01 PM   #11
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Just so I can check, is Paypal going to be the only payment processor, or will you be also able to accept "real" credit cards? (in my case specifically, American Express?)

Ummm... Our Paypal button allows for Visa/MC/Amex and I *believe* Discover. However, as soon as the letter from the bank gets to the *other* CC processing service, we should have our own CC "in-house" processing. (No! No! Sit! Stay! We're not 'completely' up for order-taking! Do NOT rush to http://store.naebllc.com/ and place your orders! No! Bad Doggies!!! (But I wouldn't mind feedback as to the original store layout. Some pages aren't populated yet.) )

Derek
Old 12-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Ummm... Our Paypal button allows for Visa/MC/Amex and I *believe* Discover. However, as soon as the letter from the bank gets to the *other* CC processing service, we should have our own CC "in-house" processing. (No! No! Sit! Stay! We're not 'completely' up for order-taking! Do NOT rush to http://store.naebllc.com/ and place your orders! No! Bad Doggies!!! (But I wouldn't mind feedback as to the original store layout. Some pages aren't populated yet.) )

Derek
Put the important stuff first!

For example the add to cart should be at the top of the page, not at the bottom.

The important stuff should not require scrolling. The specifications should not start with sound!

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:14 PM   #13
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Put the important stuff first!

For example the add to cart should be at the top of the page, not at the bottom.

The important stuff should not require scrolling. The specifications should not start with sound!

Dale
I shall pass that on. Thank you!

Derek
Old 12-20-2007, 07:36 PM   #14
penty
Connoisseur
penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: CyBook Gen3
I just copied Bookeens page. If anyone knows how to do columns in php let me know and I'll fix it.
penty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:03 PM   #15
delphidb96
Wizard

OOOOooooohhh...

Our Paypal payment gateway *DOES* handle credit card payments -without requiring the customer to open a Paypal account. When our end of the shopping cart completes the updating and shipping process, it gives you a choice of Paypal and Check/MO. If you select Paypal, you get sent to the Paypal login screen. At that point, the left side has a regular-font/size text message including a 'continue' link for those who just want to pay by credit card. Very simple process! I know, I just tested it!

Derek