Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #1996
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
You can't resize it because you can't reach it, or because it's at minimum size? Because mine on Win8 resizes smaller than you're showing.
It's at minimum size. I can reach the top edge of the screen, but when I try to pull it so it's smaller nothing happens, the screen stays the same height.

I'll try the attached version.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #1997
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Ok, installed the version you attached. I made a screencap. It's the minimum height, I tried pulling the top edge down, it didn't budge. I'm using the latest Calibre and 13.10 of Ubuntu. As far as I can tell, this one is still bigger than my screen, the buttons are at the bottom edge. I can adjust the width of the window.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Asztal_009.png
Views:	161
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	113590  
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #1998
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
Ok, installed the version you attached. I made a screencap. It's the minimum height, I tried pulling the top edge down, it didn't budge. I'm using the latest Calibre and 13.10 of Ubuntu. As far as I can tell, this one is still bigger than my screen, the buttons are at the bottom edge. I can adjust the width of the window.
The attached version adds a scroll area around the entire config widget, similar to how calibre handles edit metadata. See if this works better for you.

UPDATE Oct 19, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 10-19-2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 10-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #1999
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester

Quote:
The attached version adds a scroll area around the entire config widget, similar to how calibre handles edit metadata. See if this works better for you.
Thank you This works.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #2000
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
Thank you This works.
Great. I'll include that in the next release.
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #2001
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.49

Version 1.7.49 - 19 Oct 2013
  • Fixes for dark-solace.org
  • Tweaks to Config dialog for small screens
Old 10-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #2002
valeriu
valeriu began at the beginning.

Device: PRS T-1, Kindle Paperwhite
ok, so I'm reading some fanfiction that I got through the program. Now, most of the fanfiction I get reads just fine. So far, however, I've encountered two that, once it reaches a certain point in the story, the pages will not turn. And its always the same point, so its just random. I'm not sure what could cause this. Also, it happens in both mobi and azw files.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #2003
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeriu View Post
ok, so I'm reading some fanfiction that I got through the program. Now, most of the fanfiction I get reads just fine. So far, however, I've encountered two that, once it reaches a certain point in the story, the pages will not turn. And its always the same point, so its just random. I'm not sure what could cause this. Also, it happens in both mobi and azw files.
Please provide the story URLs that you are having problems with and the text of the last paragraph you can read. Also, the type of device are you using to read them.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #2004
valeriu
valeriu began at the beginning.

Device: PRS T-1, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Please provide the story URLs that you are having problems with and the text of the last paragraph you can read. Also, the type of device are you using to read them.
"I try to scream but I can’t open my mouth under the enormous pressure. I start to feel and see pieces of all of those other time lines, all of them pausing just long enough for me to remember them before the pieces stab themselves into my-"

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/6736...et/perfect-run

I placed the link to the chapter of the story, as well. I using a Kindle Paperwhite to read it. At the moment, I don't have the other story on hand (nor can I even remember which one it was, I figured it was a fluke problem)
Old 10-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #2005
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeriu View Post
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/6736...et/perfect-run

I placed the link to the chapter of the story, as well. I using a Kindle Paperwhite to read it. At the moment, I don't have the other story on hand (nor can I even remember which one it was, I figured it was a fluke problem)
I'm not seeing this problem on my Kindle 3g with FFDL mobi, azw3 converted from epub or mobi converted from epub. Nor do I see anything questionable in the HTML near there.

If you want to email me the file you see the problem in, I use gmail.com user address retiefjimm. Or if you find other examples, I can look at them.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #2006
Fallen angel
Time Vortex Manipulator
Fallen angel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Hi! The plugin used to work perfectly (huge thanks for it), but lately when I try to update a story I get this error: "'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xc1 in position 29: invalid start byte" and it's the same for multiple stories, not a particular one. They are all from ao3, haven't tested it elsewhere.

EDIT: Tried it a couple more times without changing anything and the last time 2 stories updated. I am not sure if the rest have new chapters or not, but the comment on the log is still "'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xc1 in position 29: invalid start byte" and not that it already contains x chapters.

Last edited by Fallen angel; 10-22-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #2007
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Story URLs?

Generally, that problem is caused by the author uploading extended characters in a different encoding than utf8--usually Windows-1252.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen angel View Post
Hi! The plugin used to work perfectly (huge thanks for it), but lately when I try to update a story I get this error: "'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xc1 in position 29: invalid start byte" and it's the same for multiple stories, not a particular one. They are all from ao3, haven't tested it elsewhere.

EDIT: Tried it a couple more times without changing anything and the last time 2 stories updated. I am not sure if the rest have new chapters or not, but the comment on the log is still "'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xc1 in position 29: invalid start byte" and not that it already contains x chapters.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #2008
Fallen angel
Time Vortex Manipulator

It is a bit weird. When earlier I selected all the "in-progress" stories and clicked to update,I got the error message. Selected individually and still got the error message. Selected in bulk again, 2 stories updated, the rest returned error.

Now I tried again one by one to chose a story that returns error message and they all worked fine. Selected all the "in-progress" stories again, another 2 stories updated and the rest return the normal "Already contains x chapters".
Old 10-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #2009
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

1. It's not uncommon for ffnet to have partial outages.
  2. We've seen ffnet block individual users who are doing too many downloads too fast in past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen angel View Post
It is a bit weird. When earlier I selected all the "in-progress" stories and clicked to update,I got the error message. Selected individually and still got the error message. Selected in bulk again, 2 stories updated, the rest returned error.

Now I tried again one by one to chose a story that returns error message and they all worked fine. Selected all the "in-progress" stories again, another 2 stories updated and the rest return the normal "Already contains x chapters".
Old 10-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #2010
Fallen angel
Time Vortex Manipulator

They were all from ao3, not ffnet but I guess they could have a similar policy. Thanks anyway!
Closed Thread