Ellachanted
Connoisseur
Ellachanted began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Thanks so much! that fixed it
Old 10-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #1982
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconButty View Post
Could this be part of the new copy-protection to help prevent plagiarism?
No, all that seems to refer to is that you can't select text in the story chapters anymore. Which is silly, because you can still select the whole page.

FYI, they're also going to be implementing a proper pairings/ships feature shortly. That will almost certain break FFDL again.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #1983
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by redscarlett View Post
I've had the same problem, and it occurs with Generate Cover too.
I've encountered the "x not in tuple" error when updating fanfics since updating to 1.6.0 too, but only intermittently - most of my fanfic downloads work fine and retrying ones that had the failure doesn't reliably reproduce the problem. The failure seems to happen after FFDL has successfully updated all my fanfics and has marked them as succeeded/failed, but before the "count pages" plugin gets called to update their local word counts.

Here's my traceback:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.dialogs", line 569, in do_loop
  File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.dialogs", line 576, in do_when_finished
  File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_plugin", line 1166, in update_books_finish
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\view.py", line 383, in set_marked_ids
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 421, in __call__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\views.py", line 696, in marked_changed
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\view.py", line 193, in id_to_index
ValueError: tuple.index(x): x not in tuple
Edit: Heh. This happens so intermittently that while I was trying to reproduce this to get that traceback Jimm posted the solution (wait for Calibre's next version 'cause it's Calibre's problem). Ignore me. On the plus side, I freshened lots of lovely metadata.

Last edited by FaceDeer; 10-13-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #1984
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
No, all that seems to refer to is that you can't select text in the story chapters anymore. Which is silly, because you can still select the whole page.

FYI, they're also going to be implementing a proper pairings/ships feature shortly. That will almost certain break FFDL again.
They're pulling some fancy trickery here I can't recall seeing before. I tried "select all" and when I copied and pasted the text into Notepad++ the body of the story's text was missing. Neat.

Meanwhile, the GrabMyBooks plugin was able to save the text just fine when I tried it, for anyone who can't wait for a proper fix.

Edit: Also just found this userscript that reenables text-selection on fanfiction.net.

Last edited by FaceDeer; 10-13-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #1985
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceDeer View Post
They're pulling some fancy trickery here I can't recall seeing before. I tried "select all" and when I copied and pasted the text into Notepad++ the body of the story's text was missing. Neat.
I guess I underestimated it. Oh well.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #1986
BaconButty
Connoisseur
BaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 & iPad Mini & Galaxy Tab10
Quote:
Meanwhile, the GrabMyBooks plugin was able to save the text just fine when I tried it, for anyone who can't wait for a proper fix.

Edit: Also just found this userscript that reenables text-selection on fanfiction.net.
I tried another script which worked fine for a few days, but FFN must have changed something because it doesn't work any more. It has just been updated, so I'll try it again.

In the meantime, I can also "clip the page" to Evernote...

Last edited by BaconButty; 10-13-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: smelling pistake
Old 10-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #1987
jberke
jberke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hey. It's Jon from FictionPad here. While we are OK with you providing this service, we would like to make sure you are doing it in a safe and efficient manner.

JimmXinu, can you please email jon -at- fictionpad.com with details of the process you are using?
Old 10-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #1988
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberke View Post
Hey. It's Jon from FictionPad here. While we are OK with you providing this service, we would like to make sure you are doing it in a safe and efficient manner.

JimmXinu, can you please email jon -at- fictionpad.com with details of the process you are using?
Hey Jon, Welcome to MobileRead! Jim's awesome (as is just about everyone around these parts) and as an author on your site, too, I look forward to the results of any collaboration the two of you enter!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #1989
FaceDeer
Connoisseur

Quote:
I guess I underestimated it. Oh well.
They're using the nonstandard "user-select" CSS attribute, which might behave differently on different browsers.

I suppose if this is meant to be an "anti-plagarism" feature it may still fulfill that role reasonably well, since plagarists are inherently lazy and thus less likely to jump through the hoops to work around this.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #1990
Sefiriot
Bujavid tekikin
Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Sefiriot writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: LG G3 D855, Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Quote:
They're using the nonstandard "user-select" CSS attribute, which might behave differently on different browsers.

I suppose if this is meant to be an "anti-plagarism" feature it may still fulfill that role reasonably well, since plagarists are inherently lazy and thus less likely to jump through the hoops to work around this.
Well if they're smart AND determined plagiarists... They've probably figured it out because there's no letup in plagiarism cases that I've seen.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #1991
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Jimm,

I can't reduce the height of the settings window and I can't see the ok button at the bottom.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #1992
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
I can't reduce the height of the settings window and I can't see the ok button at the bottom.
The attached version re-arranges the Basic options tab a bit and regains some vertical space. See if it's enough.

(Also contains a fix for login on dark-solace.org.)

UPDATE Oct 18, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 10-18-2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 10-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #1993
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
The attached version re-arranges the Basic options tab a bit and regains some vertical space. See if it's enough.
It made it worse I still can't reduce the heigth, and now I can't see the bottom of the custom colums tab, meaning some of the colums are unreachable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Asztal_005.png
Views:	189
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	113574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Asztal_006.png
Views:	167
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	113575  
Old 10-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #1994
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester

The "official" 1.7.48 release looks like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Asztal_007.png
Views:	178
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	113577   Click image for larger version

Name:	Asztal_008.png
Views:	157
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	113578  
Old 10-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #1995
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer885 View Post
It made it worse I still can't reduce the heigth, and now I can't see the bottom of the custom colums tab, meaning some of the colums are unreachable.
You can't resize it because you can't reach it, or because it's at minimum size? Because mine on Win8 resizes smaller than you're showing.

The last changes that affected the config screen where in 1.7.47, so I've attached 1.7.46 for you to try.

UPDATE Oct 23, 2013 -- Remove old version

Last edited by JimmXinu; 10-23-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Closed Thread