Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you buy a next gen iPad Mini Retina?
Yes, no questions asked. 22 15.28%
Maybe, if the price and specs are right. 42 29.17%
I don't know. 7 4.86%
No, absolutely not. 73 50.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #46
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
no, I have an e-ink device and a smartphone with large enough screen already, thank you
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #47
donovan1983
donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Sony PRS-300
I won't be getting one mainly because I've moved away from the iOS ecosystem. The combination of Google and Amazon ecosystems simply works better for me. My newly purchased Kindle Paperwhite covers my reading needs quite well and my other devices cover everything else.
donovan1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #48
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post

Where do you guys get these pics.

That last pic reminds me of when I woke up one morning back in the deployment and heavy drinking days, and found that something had followed me home.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #49
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Google Images is your friend
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #50
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"

Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #51
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post

Apache
...a monkey traitor
Old 02-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #52
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post

That last pic reminds me of when I woke up one morning back in the deployment and heavy drinking days, and found that something had followed me home.
What had followed you home? A monkey?!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #53
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I know how you feel. My favorite handwriting app is WritePad for iPad, and it keeps me tied to iPad because the only other version I've seen, WritePad for Android, is a pale comparison. Same company; but the way the app works on non-Apple devices is rather pitiful. I bought it for my grandson's Fire and it disappointed me greatly.

Well, this is embarrassing. I just grabbed my grandson's Fire to see if the WritePad app had been updated to something more useful, and guess what? It didn't have the app. Evidently WritePad doesn't make an app for Kindle; or at least it isn't in the Kindle Store. What I bought for him was Smart Writing Tool - 7 Notes Premium. My apologies. It's the Smart Writing Tool - 7 Notes Premium app for the Kindle Fire that sucks, not WritePad. Still haven't tried that one on a Fire.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 02-14-2013 at 04:48 AM. Reason: grandson, not son
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #54
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Is there a way to give a post negative Karma?

This is an unforgivable error!

(OK, 0 Karma then, because of the amount you got for funnyness )
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #55
BadBilly
Nodding at stupid things
BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, OnePlus 6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, iPad Mini 2, PC
A no vote. I'd rather eat a large bowl of my own excrement than buy an Apple product. Overpriced and limited.
BadBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:46 AM   #56
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
What had followed you home? A monkey?!
Old 02-14-2013, 04:33 AM   #57
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
A lot more "no"s than I expected. I'm generally of the same mind except I would love to get my hands on some of the games that are on iOS. I suspect that a lot of people on here aren't gamers and so don't feel that same pull.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:38 AM   #58
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Is there a way to give a post negative Karma?

This is an unforgivable error!

(OK, 0 Karma then, because of the amount you got for funnyness )
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #59
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
A lot more "no"s than I expected. I'm generally of the same mind except I would love to get my hands on some of the games that are on iOS. I suspect that a lot of people on here aren't gamers and so don't feel that same pull.
No, some of us answered that we prefer larger sized iPads, or that we already have an iPad/iPad Mini. If the question had been: "Are you going to buy an iPad mini with retina display or the iPad 5?"/ or "... A new iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch in 2013?", there would have been more "yes".

As a side note, I never play any games on my idevices, but some of the iOS exclusive apps still keep me in their ecosystem.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #60
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Not *mobile* gamers, anyway.
I do my gaming on bigger screens.

Around here the primary driver for tablet buyers is going to be reading. And for reading the Mini falls short compared to other alternatives. I looked into it but, as atractive as the weight spec is, the rest of the package didn't add up.
Not for reading, anyway.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote