Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Diesel eBooks to offer special ebook bundles

Scott from Diesel eBooks gave us the heads-up that their e-book store is now offering "400 exclusive cyber ebook bundles," of which each can contain up to six e-books of a certain series, author, theme, character or time period. From the press release (attached):

Quote:
"Diesel has done a great job of responding to the romance community," said Aideen O'Leary-Chung, Manager of Digital Commerce for Harlequin Enterprises, Toronto. "The creation of bundles that cross imprints, or collect fan favorites, is a real innovation for the publishing industry, one that has been made possible by ebooks. Letting romance readers into the mix to create custom bundles is a logical step for e-commerce." L. Scott Redford, Diesel eBooks president, states, "We saw the popularity of the Harlequin Romance production bundles and wanted to extend that capability across our entire inventory." Adds Jane Litte at the popular Romance review site Dear Author (www.dearauthor.com), "ebook buyers are voracious readers. As a result, cost and convenience are critical features. I love the idea of bundles and so do many readers, allowing us to sample authors and build our libraries at a lower cost."
Mobilereaders can enter the code DI-130007 to save 20% at the next checkout (good til end of month).
Attached Files
File Type: txt diesel-press.txt (3.5 KB, 421 views)
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
nice ! i like the idea of reader-submitted bundles too.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Awesome idea. I'm headed there now to look.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #4
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Me too. Signed up so I could submit bundles.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #5
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Sounds good!

Except... It will expand my to-read list.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2009, 03:26 PM   #6
GntlmnBndt
Zealot
GntlmnBndt doesn't litterGntlmnBndt doesn't litter

Device: iPod Touch, iPad
Usually, I like bundle pricing, but bundle pricing usually implies a nice discount. Look carefully. I priced out three bundles (all mystery). The first actually cost more than the individual books (books 1-4 of a JD Robb series) -- only a few cents, but still! I went on to check some others: The Lake and Tobias bundle saved eleven cents over the cost of the individual books and the last check saved like eight bucks (the CSI series) -- nice deal that.

Just for reference, I was checking the prices of the eReader (Diesel calls it Palm) versions vs. the eReader bundle.

I understand this is a new program, so I would hope the first two are mistakes and the CSI bundle represents their actual intentions, but until they get the wrinkles ironed out: Caveat emptor!

The Bandit
GntlmnBndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Well, they aren't the first to offer bundles or anything but in general they're nice. As Bandit mentions some seem to have nice discounts, others a few cents or nothing compared to buying individually.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
I am unhappy. They are geographically restricted !
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:00 PM   #9
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
OK, my first Kindle-gotcha. Apparently the DRM from Diesel is blocked by Amazon from being used on the Kindle 2. So I can't take advantage of the bundles! Darn!!!!!!
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:23 AM   #10
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
I am unhappy. They are geographically restricted !
What do you mean? I live in the Netherlands and I have bought several books from Diesel. Never noticed anything about restrictions.
Do you mean some books are restricted or can't you buy at all from Diesel?
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:14 AM   #11
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
What do you mean? I live in the Netherlands and I have bought several books from Diesel. Never noticed anything about restrictions.
Do you mean some books are restricted or can't you buy at all from Diesel?
For some books I was interested into, a message pops up, telling me that the publisher (don't rememeber which one, right now) has restricted the sale of these books, and excluded European countries. I just tried a bundle I was interested into, nothing else, maybe I was out of luck.
Lucky you !
Old 03-20-2009, 05:25 AM   #12
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
For some books I was interested into, a message pops up, telling me that the publisher (don't rememeber which one, right now) has restricted the sale of these books, and excluded European countries. I just tried a bundle I was interested into, nothing else, maybe I was out of luck.
Lucky you !
Long live the WORLD WIDE WEB........
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:28 AM   #13
brudigia
Evangelist

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
Long live the WORLD WIDE WEB........
maybe it ca be of help to somebody else ....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
We're sorry...
Hachette Publishing has restricted sales of this title(s) to residents of U.S. and U.S. territories. They are being removed from your cart and subtotal. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Long live the WORLD WIDE WEB.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:50 AM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
maybe it ca be of help to somebody else ....
We're sorry...
Hachette Publishing has restricted sales of this title(s) to residents of U.S. and U.S. territories. They are being removed from your cart and subtotal. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Long live the WORLD WIDE WEB.

Hachette did this a while back. They only have contracts with the authors to sell in the US apparently and their lawyers have decided this applies to ebooks as well. I wonder if the fact that UK publishers, who often have English language rights for Europe, getting more into ebooks had anything to do with it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #15
Marysart
Member Retired
Marysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Yeah, Hachette Sucks, what I did on fictionwise for one of their books was to set my country of residence to USA.
Then I could order the book .
You could try it and see if it works for diesel.
Marysart is offline   Reply With Quote