Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Kobo coupon 20% off 1 book

Code: oct2thrillers20

Expires 10/2/2011.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Also:

oct2fiction20

So how many more variations are there? Can't hurt to try.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I got this one in my inbox: oct2romance20. Same terms as the OP.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
5 in total thus far, according to the very helpful KoboBooks.com Discount Coupons thread in the device forum.

The other ones which will expire on the same date are

oct2discount20
oct2romance20
oct2youngadult20

And if you've still got money to spend after that, there's a few more no-known-expiry-date discount codes in the other thread which people might or might not have already used up.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #5
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Thanks, everybody!
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #6
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Anyone want to share what they're getting from Kobo with the discount codes? I'm striking out with every book I search for--either Kobo doesn't carry it or it's an Agency title. Thanks.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:41 PM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Newest Richard Castle qualifies. I do tend to run into a lot of authors that I normally read that are agency publishers (esp Penguin).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:01 PM   #8
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For anyone interested in the selections for the 'romance' coupon, the email I got had a linked selection of books that the coupon can be used for ("Save 20% off this selection of
Romance reads")

Please, please: I had to use Hotspot Shield to see the selected books as I'm not in the US and Kobo recognizes that, so I'm unable to even view certain books/pages where the content is not available internationally. I'm only able to view them using Hotspot Shield and as it's a free program I'm not sure if it's adding anything to the link. If it contains affiliate tags, I apologize in advance.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I know Harlequin, Dorchester, Leisure and Sourcebooks it should work for. Sadly I don't have any money to use these coupons.

I have also use them before to get Carina press and Smashwords books which is odd as they are suppose to be DRM free but they are not if you get them through Kobo.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:26 PM   #10
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
For anyone interested in the selections for the 'romance' coupon, the email I got had a linked selection of books that the coupon can be used for ("Save 20% off this selection of
I used the romance code to buy a non-fiction book that was definitely not a romance.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #11
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I used the thrillers code but then that's one sent to me for filling out a survey ... in which I identified mysteries as an interest.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:49 PM   #12
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I used the romance code to buy a non-fiction book that was definitely not a romance.
Cool; thanks for confirming that
Old 09-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #13
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Anyone want to share what they're getting from Kobo with the discount codes? I'm striking out with every book I search for--either Kobo doesn't carry it or it's an Agency title. Thanks.
The general rule is that when using Kobo's search or just browsing through their categories or the lists of pre-selected "theme" books, if you see two prices (an original list, and then a discount in bold with a little % off bit underneath), then that book will be further couponable.

There are some exceptions, with Smashwords and some low-priced Sourcebooks (and probably other publishers) only showing the one price (e.g. $1.99 for those leftover Georgette Heyer romances and mysteries which are still on sale at Kobo), but still being couponable when you try.

But generally if you don't see a double price, then you'll know better than to waste your time trying that particular book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I'm only able to view them using Hotspot Shield and as it's a free program I'm not sure if it's adding anything to the link. If it contains affiliate tags, I apologize in advance.
Hotspot Shield is safe as far as affiliate-linking goes. They make their money getting people to buy ads to show to you when you browse, not by getting a referral off of any incidental shopping you might do while using their VPN proxy.

If you ever get worried about how much is safe to leave in a URL from Kobo, then here's an example of the minimum amount that needs to be kept to make the URL go where you want it to, and you can lop off everything after the -1.html on any Kobo link which is where any tracking/referrer info is likely to be:

Code:
http://www.kobobooks.com/lists/NewfromHarlequin/rbPm5P1Fn0a-XUUmnFawDw-1.html?utm_source=cheetah&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=sept28romanceUS
Note that the ?=utm stuff is likely Kobo's way of seeing how much response they get from people checking their email for coupon codes, and deciding to use the link in said email to apply a particular code. I've no idea what the "cheetah" bit does, but maybe it's a code word for different groups of recipients who may get the promo emails a little differently phrased to see which markets best?
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #14
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Thanks for the suggestions. I found an interesting selection from Open Road--these are discounted, so I presume the coupon will work; I haven't made my final choices yet.

There are some Anne Perry books here--some of the earlier Thomas Pitt titles; this surprises me as I thought all her books were Random House. Also Leon Uris (Exodus, QB VII, Topaz, etc.), James Jones (From Here to Eternity, etc.), Bette Green (Summer of My German Soldier). These are all around $10, so still a bit expensive even with the 20 percent off coupon.

Then I found the Mary Poppins and Borrowers books at just under $6 apiece, both series from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which led me to a treasure trove other books from them--I didn't realize this publisher was not part of the Agency Six, but apparently not, as all their books are discounted.

So now I'm wading though too many choices, whereas before I had too few!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:56 PM   #15
MobileJanie
Zealot
MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I'm very new to this, so am unsure if I keep bumping into geographic restrictions, or if I'm just looking for the wrong things.

Catlady, I was very interested in your reference to Mary Poppins and Borrowers books, because I would love to have these, and would certainly use the discount coupons to buy them. However, it doesn't matter what I search on, I don't come up with any results. Would you be able to post (or PM) a link for what you found, so I can see what you came up with?

Last edited by MobileJanie; 09-29-2011 at 10:13 PM.
MobileJanie is offline   Reply With Quote