Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
cbk
cbk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
eBook Library v.2.3

I'm having a slight problem. I'm a happy non-US owner of a PRS 505, that for various tragic and computerrelated reasons, need to reinstall eBook Library. The CD-rom is busted, and the only version of eBook Library I can get my hands on is v.2.5 from Sonys download site. That wont install on my computer since I'm not in the US.
Various tricks with location does not help, and Google cant find an older, non-US-friendly version. Anyone who can help?
cbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk View Post
I'm having a slight problem. I'm a happy non-US owner of a PRS 505, that for various tragic and computer related reasons, need to reinstall eBook Library. The CD-rom is busted, and the only version of eBook Library I can get my hands on is v.2.5 from Sonys download site. That wont install on my computer since I'm not in the US.
Various tricks with location does not help, and Google cant find an older, non-US-friendly version. Anyone who can help?
I don't remember a version 2.3, but version 2.2 is available on rapidshare. To download, click on the "Free User" button and after about 30 seconds you should be able to download the file (size is about 12 MB). Hope it works for you.

http://rapidshare.com/files/18554575...2.00.18100.exe
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
Mick4545
Enthusiast
Mick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enough

Device: Oasis 2
Quote:
I'm having a slight problem. I'm a happy non-US owner of a PRS 505, that for various tragic and computerrelated reasons, need to reinstall eBook Library. The CD-rom is busted, and the only version of eBook Library I can get my hands on is v.2.5 from Sonys download site. That wont install on my computer since I'm not in the US.
I'm in the UK and using 2.5 with no problems. (Vista 64)
Mick4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:35 AM   #4
cbk
cbk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
@yekim54: Thanks that solves the problem!

@Mick4545: Strange. Is it the 2.5 from the box, or from Sonys website? Just trying to figure out how to cheat the installer (XP)
cbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:26 AM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
I'm also using 2.5 on XP, but probably got there via letting earlier versions upgrade themselves. I'm interested, but have no idea how it would be checking for locations, other than maybe the first version having stored something in your registry...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #6
Mick4545
Enthusiast
Mick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enough

Device: Oasis 2
Quote:
@yekim54: Thanks that solves the problem!

@Mick4545: Strange. Is it the 2.5 from the box, or from Sonys website? Just trying to figure out how to cheat the installer (XP)
I got it from Sony's website. The version in the box was the UK software, I forget the number of it. Anyhow, no problems at all with 2.5.
Mick4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #7
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
You can change the Windows location by following the instructions here.

The instructions are for Windows Vista, but XP has the same control panel applet.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote