Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #46
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
bfads has a scan of the GameStop BF ad.
http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/GameStop/Ad

Not sure I'd call some of these deals, but here's what they list that would be in keeping with this thread.

Sophix 7" Tablet - $69.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" Tablet - $299.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" Tablet - $169.99
16 GB Nexus 7 7" Tablet - $229.99
32 GB Nexus 7 7" Tablet - $269.99
Net10 LG L38C Smartphone - $39.99
AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 Smartphone - $84.99
Pre-Owned Asus Transformer Pad 32GB (TF300) - $239.99
Pre-Owned iPHONE 3GS 8GB - $89.99
Pre-Owned iPod Touch 8GB (2nd Gen) - $59.99
Pre-Owned Samsung Gaxaly S3 (AT&T, Verizon, & T-Mobile) - $249.99
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #47
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
You might want to list hard drives as external, if that is what you are tracking. My wishlist includes another MyPassport (2 gig) and one or two Sansa flashdrives (Sansa is the only brand that seems to work both on my main computer and the netbook), particularly 64 gig.
Thanks for the tip. It's what I meant. I made the change.

2 gig? I'm assuming you meant 2TB. Added your requests to the WL.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #48
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
Tubemokey, I think you are going to kill me! I have never been organized with the Black Friday ads and always miss things. This thread could cost me a small fortune! Not sure yet if I am or Anyway, I do thank you.

Also, in the Macy's add, there are some portable blue tooth speakers, http://bfads.net/Item/Macys-Black-Fr...peakers/141508 that some people might like for their computers.
Then let me save your life. Send me some of the money you planned on spending before seeing this thread and then stop reading the thread. There, I've saved you a fortune and you still have money left over for some ebooks.

I saw those speakers, but Polaroid is a cheap brand and not worth getting.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #49
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
When I first saw the thread, I wondered who bumped this from LAST year? Then I noticed the date.

Thanks for posting the information, Monkey. I can't think of anything I'm planning to buy, but you never know... A few years ago on Black Friday, I was seduced by two bargain-priced Acer Iconia tablets (7" and 10.1") that I still enjoy every day. There has to be some other electronic gadget I "must" have, so I'll be watching this thread.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #50
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
AO You beat me to it LOL

http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/GameStop
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #51
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
bfads has a scan of the GameStop BF ad.
http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/GameStop/Ad

Not sure I'd call some of these deals, but here's what they list that would be in keeping with this thread.
Thanks - added GameStop and link to ad scan to the OP.

For some of those items, the prices are retail.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #52
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Add me to the list of those needing a 1-2 T external drive. My son took his to work and forgot it in his truck. This was in September, in western Texas, in the heat. It no longer works.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #53
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Then let me save your life. Send me some of the money you planned on spending before seeing this thread and then stop reading the thread. There, I've saved you a fortune and you still have money left over for some ebooks.
Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh, such a good try! However, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the money to arrive!
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #54
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh, such a good try! However, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the money to arrive!
Then how about a banana?
Old 10-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #55
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
Add me to the list of those needing a 1-2 T external drive. My son took his to work and forgot it in his truck. This was in September, in western Texas, in the heat. It no longer works.
Added
Old 10-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #56
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
ick! Last year I got a WD My Book 3TB for $160 at Office Depot during Black Friday. So keep an eye out everywhere.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #57
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
It might not qualify as Black-Friday-specific, but Best Buy has had some amazing auctions for electronics lately. I snatched a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-1350s the other day for $97 new -- quite a difference from the $180-220 asking price I've seen until now.

They also sold the Shadow version of the V-Moda M-80 for $85 before that. The M-80 retails for about $180 and is a metal-construction headphone that looks black and industrial, comes with a Gigeresque carrying case and sounds quite good. I can see the Monkey pairing it with his stealthy N7.

The DT-1350, however, is one of the three best portable headphones I've heard in the past two years. It too, has black metal construction.

A picture of both headphones side by side.

Here's the smaller version:

I haven't seen any auctions for new tablets yet -- most seem to be refurbished -- but that could change as we get closer to BF.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 10-19-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #58
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Nothing to do with Black Friday, but WD Mybook 3 terabyte drives are $129.99. I have two 4 TB ones and may buy a third as they are $169.

Seagates are cheaper still with 3 TB starting at $99. I kind of like the WD ones though.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #59
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
On the plus side about his external drive, we now have an idea of what to get him for Christmas. He's a hard one to buy for. And he can always use another monitor, he only has two now and wants another one or two. So keep those on the radar, too, please. (Aren't older "kids" fun to buy for? LOL)
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #60
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Lol. I only get a $25 iTunes gift card every year from my parents. But the usefulness of it has gone up every year since (2004), because now instead of $25 worth of music, it's $25 worth of AMAZING apps. Hahaha.

Wishlist - Kindle (Basic)?

Last edited by Jessica Lares; 10-19-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote