Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Google Talk on Android, anyone using it?

I tried Google Talk on the SGP5 and it looks like an instant messanger! It is suppose to be like my computer Google Talk and make calls isn't it?

I was able to check messages on the Google Voice and it looks normal, but Google Talk is just plain IM.

Anyone using it here?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:20 AM   #2
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
I am. When a friend is on who can video or audio chat, the little dot turns into a video camera or a telephone. Tapping that lets me chat them with audio or video. No phone calls, though.

NB: I have the SGP 3.6.
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 01:24 AM   #3
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousj View Post
I am. When a friend is on who can video or audio chat, the little dot turns into a video camera or a telephone. Tapping that lets me chat them with audio or video. No phone calls, though.

NB: I have the SGP 3.6.
Added an illustration.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355811806199.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	97842  
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
I use it, mostly for IM, but also for the occasional video call. Works well from my phone.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #5
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Thanks for the input. I downloaded Talkatone. It works great on the SGP5. It works off of Google Voice and my address book comes in handy.

I tried Talkatone on my Ipod Touch 4, and it just isn't as good. My address book doesn't come up. Think they made it work with Ipod Touch 5 and really messed up my version because it use to work before I updated.

So another reason to use my SGP5 over the Ipod Touch. The apps work better!

Not sure why I couldn't get Talk to work, but guess it is really IM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert