Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
what made you choose the 912 over Onyx boox M92?

hey guys, I am looking for a larger ebook reader, there seem to be only a few options out there on the market.

So what made you choose the 912 over Onyx Boox M92
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

does pocketbook 912 have compulsory screen saver or sleeping mode?

Last edited by FinancialWar; 03-08-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
Cruzverde
Cruzverde began at the beginning.

Device: PB 912
I must say I have not thoroughly checked all the available ebooks on the market when I made my mind up for a PB 912 a month ago. A mandatory feature for me was the ability to read PDF in a large screen, and to reflow their text : PB 912 can do all that. Plus : it's a rather open system, a feature to which I am sensitive, so I guess that's why I made it for a PB 912, but not really «over the Onyx M92».

For the «screensaver» feature you're asking for : yes, the PB 912 does that. Actually, it's more like a «power saver». It automatically shuts down after 5 to 30 minutes of inactivity (customizable parameter in the config menu), displaying a picture of your choice (or a random one within a folder) after power-off.
Cruzverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
FinancialWar
Banned

I bought the M92.

the M92 forum gave me much more response and reasons to get the M92 over 912, eg the pearl screen.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #5
lispler
lispler began at the beginning.

Device: none
And, are you happy with it? I bought the M92 and its software is really crappy. Looking to buy 912...
lispler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #6
FinancialWar
Banned

I am happy with it.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:57 AM   #7
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
They are both good. But...:
1) if you want to buy PB912 in the US now, you won't be able to do so, because they are out of stock here and nobody knows when they will be back
2) Onyx comes with the cover and the charger for the same (almost the same) price as PB comes without them
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #8
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Also, about PB902 - we're running a summer sale for them - $279.99 only. You won't probably find another large-screen reader for this money.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Yar - Why are you talking about 902, surely that is pretty outdated by now? Does anyone still want to buy them?

And as for the availability of 912 - is it only the USA that's affected or is it hard to find it in Europe too?
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #10
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by martienne View Post
Yar - Why are you talking about 902, surely that is pretty outdated by now? Does anyone still want to buy them?

And as for the availability of 912 - is it only the USA that's affected or is it hard to find it in Europe too?
Except for the Wacom touch layer, the hardware is pretty much identical between the 902 and 912. So, I wouldn't say the 902 is outdated (or at least, not until the software starts requiring touch input to work). It's cheaper, and fine for people who only want to read their books without inputting any notes.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:16 AM   #11
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
902 looks okay, but without touch and without keyboard, it must not be very supportive of dictionaries and other things which would require entering text. Even my old Jetbook had a way of entering text using numeric keys.

Is there any way of entering text on 902? (Even if it is something convulated ala Onion's Mac Wheel...)

Currently Pocketbook 902 is the cheapest 9 inch reader, since Amazon has run out of refurbished Kindle DXes.
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #12
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
902 looks okay, but without touch and without keyboard, it must not be very supportive of dictionaries and other things which would require entering text. Even my old Jetbook had a way of entering text using numeric keys.

Is there any way of entering text on 902? (Even if it is something convulated ala Onion's Mac Wheel...)

Currently Pocketbook 902 is the cheapest 9 inch reader, since Amazon has run out of refurbished Kindle DXes.
yes of course - a keyboard appears on screen, and you use the keys to move about. I think it is like the one on the 360, for which no more than three clicks are needed for any letter.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #13
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
yes of course - a keyboard appears on screen, and you use the keys to move about. I think it is like the one on the 360, for which no more than three clicks are needed for any letter.
Yes, that's the kind of keyboard on the 902. It's three clicks for lower case letters, but could be many more for other characters (upper case, punctuation, !@#$...). It gets pretty tedious if you need to type in many of the latter kind of characters. The dictionary is also a bit tedious, because you have to use the arrow buttons to position the cursor over the right word. Since I don't take notes or use the dictionaries much, not having a touch screen doesn't usually bother me. I wouldn't recommend the 902 to someone if those things were important to them, though.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:13 AM   #14
ThePianoGuy
ThePianoGuy began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 903 PRO
I chose PB because it uses microusb for charching, which is a standard for mobile phones as well and because it had bluetooth. Omnyx uses miniusb which is difficult to find, if you're without the adapter. And bluetooth is much more practical for transferring files rather than usb cable.
ThePianoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #15
paulopen
paulopen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy PB 912 still out of stock in the US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
They are both good. But...:
1) if you want to buy PB912 in the US now, you won't be able to do so, because they are out of stock here and nobody knows when they will be back
2) Onyx comes with the cover and the charger for the same (almost the same) price as PB comes without them
Anybody knows wether PB 912 is still out of stock in the US?
paulopen is offline   Reply With Quote