Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-16-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
Tuan
Tuan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Unhappy Trouble with changing countries and buying kindle ebook on Amazon

I'm currently living in Vietnam but I use my cousin's address on Amazon to buy e-book because my cousin's residing in San Francisco. I bought 4 e-books and read many samples via Amazon U.S without any problem. However, i can't buy e-book on Amazon any more because, when I clicked on "Buy now with 1-click" button, a message popping in said : "please contact us or change your country to complete your purchase.............You can easily update your country for your Amazon account." I'm totally clueless about what's happening to me. I usually buy e-book on Macbook and then transfer it to kindle Touch. Thanks a bunch in advance!!!
Tuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:57 AM   #2
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Go into your Amazon account and make sure that the country selected is USA in your Kindle accounts page.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2012, 01:18 AM   #3
Tuan
Tuan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I have checked many times but it didn't work!!
Tuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Probably Amazon seees you are always in Vietnam and guesses you reside in Vietnam, therefore you are cheating them and should say the truth.

It has happened to me (Brazilian), but then I changed to my real adress and, one day later, changed to US again, and no problem in months.

Try changing for a day and returning to the the US adress the other day.
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Just be aware that what you are doing is against Amazon's terms of service. They could suspend your account.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2012, 04:00 AM   #6
designsusi
designsusi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, ipad
I got around this by always transferring books using my computer.
designsusi is offline   Reply With Quote