Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-17-2003, 12:38 PM   #1
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Just Pathetic

I guess I'm still signed up for Avantgo marketing materials. Look what just came in my email:

PERSONAL AVANTGO CHANNELS

Did you know you can create your own personal AvantGo channel and/or link to your favorite web page even if it isn't one of our official content partners? That means you can download personal pages, family pages, contact information, driving directions, health club workout schedules, hobby tips, softball team stats, etc. For FREE.

To try this out, visit www.myavantgo.com, log in, click on "My Account," then "Create a Custom Channel." Just fill out the form or refer to the FAQs if you have questions. Unless the page has been optimized for viewing on a PDA (see our developer guide at http://developer.avantgo.com/develop...nel/index.html ) it may not look perfect. And we don't currently support animation or web pages with frames, but basic text information and smaller images are delivered each time you sync just like your other My AvantGo content. Note: In most cases you will want to specify "No" for "Follow Off-site Links" so you are not pulling pages you don't want.

I felt like replying with, "So? Big deal!"
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 12:17 AM   #2
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Well, not everyone's a power user Unfortunately, there are lots of tips and tricks offered that turn out not to be tips or tricks at all. It seems that only little-known features should qualify, but I guess little-known features depend on the user.
However, AvantGo should put a disclaimer on that particular trick: You can load any page you choose, just so long as you're one of fewer than [enter today's quota] users who choose to load it...if you're not, too bad
Scott
saw9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2003, 06:07 AM   #3
Saud
Connoisseur
Saud began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus, Iphone 3G, Blackberry 9000
Quote:
Originally posted by saw9000
Well, not everyone's a power user
yea.. that email was actually targeted at PIM users so sunshine's "So? Big deal!" would be: "Really? Great I didnt know that!"
Saud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 02:04 PM   #4
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Whoops. Sorry Mr. Lemonade out of Lemons, I either didn't read it as being for PIM users or it wasn't explicit.
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 02:43 PM   #5
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

It must be difficult for developers, and especially for a developer with an audience as big and varied in technical ability as that of AvantGo, to design broadcast e-mails. What is child's play to some people is news to others, and what is an interesting tweak to some is greek to others.
Scott
saw9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert