Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-17-2008, 08:12 AM   #1
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
A question about Fictionwise Micropay

Hi!

I have a general question regarding Fictionwise Micropay.

Let's say that after buying a certain number of books I have got $20 on my Micropay account. Today I would like to buy a book that costs $15. There is a 10% of Micropay rebate on this book as well.

Can I use "money" that I have accumulated on my Micropay account to pay fully for this book? Would I pay $15? or $15 minus 10%?

They offer 1 year membership for 100% Micropay rebate ($30). I wonder, even if I don't buy so many books in one year to justify $30, the money can stay on my Micropay that I can use to buy any book without paying any actual money from my credit card?

Thank you in advance,
Arthur.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:22 AM   #2
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
You can use micropay in your account to buy your books with BUT if you buy books that have micropay savings on them, they usually need to be bought with credit card or paypal to get the micropay on the new book.
You can buy it with your micropay in account but you will not qualify for the micropay on the books your buying. Hope you get what I mean?

Its best to add books to your cart then you can see how they need to be paid for in order to get micropay.

With the current one year offer it is a really good time to join. I joined and am buying books with my mircopay points. If the micropay offer on a book ids really good then I pay using credit card. if the micropay offer is small then I just use my account micropay and don't minsd losing out on the micropay.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2008, 08:27 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh yes, I think I understand.

if a book costs $15 and has 10% rebate, then I can either pat $13.50 using my cedit card or I can all $15 using my Micropay money.

Correct?
Old 09-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #4
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Not quite

if the book is $15 and has 10% micropay, you can pay $15 from your micropay account.......
or you can pay $15 from your credit card but 10% ($1.50) will go back inot your micropay account.....
Old 09-17-2008, 08:34 AM   #5
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyd View Post
or you can pay $15 from your credit card but 10% ($1.50) will go back inot your micropay account.....

silly me.
Sure.

Thanks a lot
Advert
Old 09-17-2008, 08:35 AM   #6
astra
The Introvert

Btw. money on Micropay account can stay indefinitely. There are no restriction, like I have to use them within 1 year or they will be gone, or something like that?
Old 09-17-2008, 08:35 AM   #7
babyd
Addict

LOL no worries, it is quite a confusing system, but really good fun too
Old 09-17-2008, 08:40 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Oh yes, I think I understand.

if a book costs $15 and has 10% rebate, then I can either pat $13.50 using my cedit card or I can all $15 using my Micropay money.

Correct?
Unless it specifically says that the rebate only applies to a credit card payment (this is true normally only for the 50% or 100% rebates), you'll get the rebate no matter how you pay. ie you pay $15, but you'll get $1.50 put back into your Micropay account.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:40 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Btw. money on Micropay account can stay indefinitely. There are no restriction, like I have to use them within 1 year or they will be gone, or something like that?
No time limit - it stays forever.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:49 AM   #10
babyd
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Unless it specifically says that the rebate only applies to a credit card payment (this is true normally only for the 50% or 100% rebates), you'll get the rebate no matter how you pay. ie you pay $15, but you'll get $1.50 put back into your Micropay account.
Nice to know Harry, thanks. Though so far all my micropays have been CC/PP only, hence why I thought this was the case....
Old 09-17-2008, 09:19 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Being a "Buywise" club member gets you an additional 10% Micropay discount off everything - you'll get that discount even if you pay by Micropay.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:03 AM   #12
astra
The Introvert

I succumbed to the temptation
Old 09-18-2008, 05:07 AM   #13
babyd
Addict

LOL good to hear. I succumbed twice and now am a member for 2 years
Old 09-18-2008, 05:08 AM   #14
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyd View Post
LOL good to hear. I succumbed twice and now am a member for 2 years
So it is not the first time when they rebate 1 year membership to Micropay account?
Old 09-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Hi!

I have a general question regarding Fictionwise Micropay.

Let's say that after buying a certain number of books I have got $20 on my Micropay account. Today I would like to buy a book that costs $15. There is a 10% of Micropay rebate on this book as well.

Can I use "money" that I have accumulated on my Micropay account to pay fully for this book? Would I pay $15? or $15 minus 10%?

They offer 1 year membership for 100% Micropay rebate ($30). I wonder, even if I don't buy so many books in one year to justify $30, the money can stay on my Micropay that I can use to buy any book without paying any actual money from my credit card?

Thank you in advance,
Arthur.

Please see post #39 from Dr. Bad Advice for the answer to this troubling issue.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=29068&page=3

I hope this helps.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote