Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-09-2014, 08:30 PM   #1231
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhevi View Post
Just a toggle on the menu bar, like in the book viewer. I need to obtain an epub3 file to test some of the functions
In the Store section they have a store where you can download some epub 3 samples. I think the 3 reader is going to need some work-- but it's not bad. And it doesn't really affect the epub 2 side of things (which is nice).

The first thing I'm noticing at a glance is the huge left/right margin difference between the two readers. Might have to do with how the epub3 is constructed, but the reading themes seem to be shared between the 2 and 3 readers, yet the margin difference is vast when switching. I haven't discovered how to turn off/on the publisher fonts in the epub3 reader yet.

I'll have to create some of my own epub3s for real testing.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-09-2014 at 08:34 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #1232
Dhevi
Zealot
Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
In the Store section they have a store where you can download some epub 3 samples. I think the 3 reader is going to need some work-- but it's not bad. And it doesn't really affect the epub 2 side of things (which is nice).

The first thing I'm noticing at a glance is the huge left/right margin difference between the two readers. Might have to do with how the epub3 is constructed, but the reading themes seem to be shared between the 2 and 3 readers, yet the margin difference is vast when switching. I haven't discovered how to turn off/on the publisher fonts in the epub3 reader yet.

I'll have to create some of my own epub3s for real testing.
Thank you. One item I immediately noticed when downloading the Moby Dick epub3 sample book is that Page Number is displaying X/# where # represents Pages in the Current Chapter/Section. So as apposed to (15/344) Page 15 of 344 in total book, you would see 10/35 (page 10 in section 4).

Last edited by Dhevi; 07-09-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Dhevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2014, 10:24 PM   #1233
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I've noticed the ePub3 reader is a bit slow, too. A bit jerky--and images seem to jump around at times. Also the default font-size is teeny-tiny, compared to the same default font size in an ePub2 (no font-size specified in the epub itself).

Ah, well. It's early days. First version with any ePub 3 support. I take it as a good sign that they (Mantano) are serious about remaining viable moving forward.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #1234
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhevi View Post
The dark theme selection can be swapped between not only when resting but now in the library manager and menus in and out of a book.
Do you mean to say "not only when reading"?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #1235
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm pretty sure that's what they meant, Harry. But I won't say for sure.

I only wish I had the ability to dark-theme the app/library while leaving the reader in standard "day-time" mode!
Advert
Old 07-10-2014, 05:45 PM   #1236
Dhevi
Zealot
Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do you mean to say "not only when reading"?
That was what was meant. Unfortunately I was swiping my entry by phone and did not review auto-corrections before posting.
Dhevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:17 PM   #1237
hndr
hndr began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
I read mostly PDFs with Mantano, but one problem I have with it is navigating between pages is seriously broken.

Sometimes I don't swipe enough to trigger a page turn, and when I try to swipe further it triggers the multi-page scroll. Any suggestion? The email I sent to the Mantano support hasn't been getting any response either.
hndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:21 AM   #1238
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
^^^ don't swipe, just tap left or right side of screen
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:40 AM   #1239
hndr
hndr began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
^^^ don't swipe, just tap left or right side of screen
Well, now that you mention it, I have some complaints on the tap as well.

I can live with the lag between tapping and the page movement, but is there anyway to widen the tap area? I read one-handed, and way too often, my tap registered on the center area that triggers the show-menu instead. Any way to customize the tapping area?

And then again, its not a real solution. I still think disabling the multi-page swipe and move the multi-page navigation into a dedicated scroll bar (like most readers) would provide a much, much better reading experience.
hndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #1240
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I thought Mantano had fixed its problem with custom fonts - when I choose Verdana and the book has some text that is in italics the italic text is in a different font. It's very distracting. I'm using the Amazon version and it looks like it's finally on the same version as Google Play.

Edit: never mind. I tried it again on my Nexus 7 and it works with fonts I added, but not with Mantano's font choices.

Last edited by Purple Lady; 11-17-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #1241
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
switching between portrait and landscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I thought Mantano had fixed its problem with custom fonts - when I choose Verdana and the book has some text that is in italics the italic text is in a different font. It's very distracting. I'm using the Amazon version and it looks like it's finally on the same version as Google Play.

Edit: never mind. I tried it again on my Nexus 7 and it works with fonts I added, but not with Mantano's font choices.
I have a Nexus 7 and since the last 2 updates on M premium, Mantano is losing it's place when I switch back and forth between portrait and landscape. I have to remember the page number and enter it whenever I switch. I sent them an email, which they answered and asked me to send them the book, but it cleared up, so I told them it was ok. Now it is doing the same thing again on almost every single book and also seems very occasionally to bring up a previous page in the middle of good pages. Evidently others are not having this problem or I would have heard about it. Any ideas?
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #1242
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
I have a Nexus 7 and since the last 2 updates on M premium, Mantano is losing it's place when I switch back and forth between portrait and landscape. I have to remember the page number and enter it whenever I switch. I sent them an email, which they answered and asked me to send them the book, but it cleared up, so I told them it was ok. Now it is doing the same thing again on almost every single book and also seems very occasionally to bring up a previous page in the middle of good pages. Evidently others are not having this problem or I would have heard about it. Any ideas?
Actually several have reported on GP that Mantano is jumbling pages in the last couple releases. I've had it happen. Mantano has yet to fix it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:01 AM   #1243
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Actually several have reported on GP that Mantano is jumbling pages in the last couple releases. I've had it happen. Mantano has yet to fix it.
Thanks, glad it's not just me. I'd switch to a different reader, but I really do like the swipe for larger/smaller font and for lighter/darker. I've tried some of the others, but haven't figured out how to make them do that.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:04 PM   #1244
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Thanks, glad it's not just me. I'd switch to a different reader, but I really do like the swipe for larger/smaller font and for lighter/darker. I've tried some of the others, but haven't figured out how to make them do that.
Moon+ does it. but I have mine disabled because I kept accidentally changing them.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:56 AM   #1245
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Moon+ does it. but I have mine disabled because I kept accidentally changing them.
I'm trying Moon+ again - the free one. I don't like the font, but can't figure out how to change it - I assume it can be changed in the purchased one. If Mantano doesn't clean up it's act, I buy Moon+ and use it - although I would prefer Mantano to fix theirs.