Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 03:19 AM   #1
osirisomeomi
osirisomeomi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Sony Reader Metadata Nightmare

Hey,

I recently downloaded a large number of (free and legally so) ebooks. They are sorted into folders by author, and their names are the names of the books. Unfortunately, the metadata is often incomplete or non-existent, making the ebook finding process a nightmare once added.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea how to automatically fill in the metadata? I'm talking a few thousand ebooks here, and doing it by hand would be horrible and take a ridiculously long time. I just need to have every book in a subfolder have the file name be the title, and the folder one directory up be the author. Example:

C:XXXXXX/Alexandre Dumas/Three Musketeers.pdf

Desired metadata:

Title: Three Musketeers
Author: Alexandre Dumas

Please help!
osirisomeomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:25 AM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by osirisomeomi View Post
Hey,

I recently downloaded a large number of (free and legally so) ebooks. They are sorted into folders by author, and their names are the names of the books. Unfortunately, the metadata is often incomplete or non-existent, making the ebook finding process a nightmare once added.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea how to automatically fill in the metadata? I'm talking a few thousand ebooks here, and doing it by hand would be horrible and take a ridiculously long time. I just need to have every book in a subfolder have the file name be the title, and the folder one directory up be the author. Example:

C:XXXXXX/Alexandre Dumas/Three Musketeers.pdf

Desired metadata:

Title: Three Musketeers
Author: Alexandre Dumas

Please help!
Just 2 suggestions:
a.) You can try to find the respective eBooks with more accurate metadata. For example, classics like "Three musketeers" you'll find here, on mobileread, in various formats and well prepared.
b.) You can change metadata via "calibre". You find a separate subforum here. "Calibre" even will try to download the metadata. But, if the metadata is missing or incorrect, you'll probably have to interfere manually.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert