Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-20-2011, 04:58 AM   #1
WebDevReader
WebDevReader began at the beginning.

Device: none
Preserve PDF Bookmarks on Kindle?

Hi all,

Now that I own a Kindle, ebooks and Calibre have both taken on a new life for me. The PDF conversion process is difficult as noted here, yet for most part I'm happy with the native PDF support.

I'm aware links and TOC's aren't usable on the kindle and I'd be happy with this if I was able to use bookmarks (one per chapter for example).

Is there a way of adding bookmarks to the PDF while on my PC which I can then use within kindle? (or at the least, can my marks manually added to the document on the kindle be kept with the document when copied to the PC?)

I've tried adding bookmarks to the PDF document while on my PC but these don't seem to be usable once copied to kindle. Thanks for any help here, if there isn't a solution I'll be forced to look into manual editing of PDFs and looking into programs like sigil. =(
WebDevReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:17 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to a more appropriate subforum. Note that since your post has very little to do with Calibre and very much to do with PDF support on the Kindle, you would probably be better off asking this in the Kindle subforum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert